Chapter 9 - Stalker

It must have been the middle of the night when I woke up desperate for the toilet. I got out of bed carefully and made my way over to the door, I knocked a few times and called for him. "E-Eddie,"I said aloud. I didn't want anything from him, but I can't wet the bed. When nothing happened I knocked again harder this time and said his name louder,"Eddie!" I heard quick footsteps then Eddie opened the door, a worried look on his face. He was panting a little from running down all the stairs, he was only wearing boxers and a baggy shirt, giving me the hint that he was sleeping. I had to sleep in the same clothes I wore yesterday, Eddie produced a pretty long white nightgown after dinner but I refused to accept anything from him, he left it at the end of my bed. "What's wrong Janie?"he asked, placing one hand on my shoulder and reaching the other to my cheek. I moved back so he wouldn't touch me and crossed my legs, bending over a little. "I need to pee!"I said, trying to hold it in. He obviously didn't think this through properly, but maybe this was a good thing, if he leads me to the bathroom upstairs I can run for it. Eddie sighed softly and retrieved something from outside the door, it was a bucket, I felt my face burn from that.

"I'm not using a bucket!"I protested. Eddie sighed again. "I'm sorry Janie, but I can't let you leave this room until I trust you,"he said. My anger left me then as I realised, I couldn't do anything. I sniffed a little and snatched the bucket from him as he just watched me. He was still looking my way when I set the bucket down, I glared at him a little and cleared my throat so he got the message. "Oh! Right,"Eddie said, turning around and closing the door. Pervert. After I was done relieving myself I called his name so he opened the door again, this time with another bucket filled with water and soap in his other hand. I felt my face burn again when he took away the bucket I used to empty it. I rubbed the purple cake of soap on my hands then dunked them in the water until bubbles appeared, lavender scent filled the room. Eddie came back once again to take the second bucket away while I shook my hands dry and climbed back into bed, pulling the covers up over my shoulders.

Before Eddie left me to sleep again he came to my side of the bed, smiling and trying to tuck me in. He tried this already earlier but I wriggled away from him again. He had a look of sadness in his eyes since I wasn't letting him do anything remotely affectionate. He sighed softly for the third time,"Well, goodnight Janie." He stroked my hair twice making me feel disgusted then left the room again with the door locked.

* * *
I felt well rested the next morning since there was no alarm to disturb my sleep - but as soon as I realised where I was again I jumped and sat upright. I frowned and wanted to cry. Half of me expected to wake up in my own bedroom back at home, but no, this is real. I stared up at the ceiling for most of the morning, just thinking about my parents. They'd definitely be freaking out now, asking everyone we know around the village if they've seen me. They must have called the police by now too, I've never stayed out for so long and always came home before dark, I wasn't allowed outside for so many hours without their permission anyway. I felt my eyes water from how worried they'd be right this moment. I wondered if there were gonna be many more moments.

I heard footsteps, and Eddie disrupted my thoughts when he opened the door and carried a tray over to me with a smile on his face. "Morning Janie,"he said, his eyes twinkling. I didn't smile back and didn't answer. It made me sick that he was so happy, so pleased I'm sleeping in his locked basement like a pet. I tensed up when he came closer to me, still feeling anxious and wary of him. He gently set the tray down on my lap and took a seat on the bed to watch me again. I stared down at the plate for a while, he had made me pancakes. It looked very tempting to eat, three golden pancakes stacked on top of each other, a bit of chocolate syrup drizzled on top. I blinked a few times. "This is for breakfast?"I asked in bewilderment. Eddie smiled at that, pleased from my reaction. "Yes, anything for you Janie,"he said, leaning forward to pat my head.