Chapter 14 - Urges

In the early morning I awoke with tired eyes, I was ready to close them again and smiled to myself a little. Everything felt nice, I was warm and at peace, I enjoyed the presence of another person beside me. I was too isolated whenever Eddie left for work. Something rung the alarm bells in my mind for thinking like this, but I ignored it, I was too tired to fight back. I felt Eddie move so I clenched his shirt weakly, still half-awake. When I felt him move again I opened my eyes properly and looked up at him, I saw him blush when he realised I didn't want him to leave. "Janie...I need to get ready for work,"he whispered gently. I was suddenly scared of him going so I held his chest and moaned quietly in protest, staring at him pleadingly. He blushed a little again and gave in, he can't say no to me. He smiled,"Okay...I'll stay just a little longer." Eddie slowly slid back down to rest his head on the same pillow as mine again and I shuffled closer to him to return to our original position. His hand hovered a little hesitantly, then he placed his arm round my waist to bring me closer. I could tell he was trying to prevent a big smile from appearing on his face, he's wanted me to cuddle with him for a long time. My eyes began drooping a few minutes later and I questioned myself before I dozed off: why am I cuddling with him?

A half hour later he tried not to wake me as he moved again, I felt a little scared at the thought of being left alone. Since there were no windows there was no sun, it still felt like night to me, I didn't like being alone when it's dark after a nightmare. The ceiling and lamp light didn't seem enough for this room, it was always dimly lit. Eddie could see the fear in my eyes as he got out of bed and pulled the blanket over me. "Don't worry, I'm just going to make breakfast,"he said to calm me. He never brought his phone down here in case I snatched it, but he always had his watch, he knew when it was time to go. He tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear before leaving the room, I pulled the blanket further up so it was touching my neck until he returned.

I felt relieved when he got back under the covers with me, he gently shifted me onto his lap and set the breakfast tray down on my own. Eddie turned me around a little so I was facing him and asked,"May I feed you?" His eyes were gleaming hopefully and I felt myself blush, my mouth opened slightly to say something but I couldn't. Eddie smiled at me and took it as a yes, he began spooning porridge into my mouth as he held my waist with his other hand. He was patient and gave me time to swallow, he was whispering small things like 'choo choo' and 'good girl', the way a parent would coax a baby to eat their food. I didn't like it when he treated me like a baby, I was only 4-5 years younger than him, but I didn't seem to mind it this time. I just blushed and let him carry on, savouring the sweet taste of sugar he sprinkled on top. For some reason I wasn't disgusted by it today. I looked up at him, and didn't resent his beautiful face, I just got butterflies instead, and not the scared kind.

He even kissed my cheek when I had finished,"Well done Janie." I smiled a little at that but then felt worried when he gently lifted me off his lap, he took the tray away to wash up the dishes while I held myself and looked down, ready for him to leave for work. Eddie came back dressed in his usual clothes, black trousers and a crisp white button-up shirt with long sleeves, but he wasn't carrying the bag he takes to work and he had neither his shoes or his coat on. "It's okay baby, I'm taking the day off work to look after you,"he said reassuringly. I actually felt myself smile a little from his words, but I didn't know why I was happy he's staying, I'm supposed to be hating him. It was like I forgot Eddie was my captor, instead of feeling afraid I saw him as a normal person again. After all, he hasn't done anything to harm me, he hasn't forced me into anything other than just sleeping at his house. I felt weird for a moment for thinking like this again, my gut suddenly churning, but when Eddie smiled at me again I could see no bad intention in his eyes. He took one stride towards me to scoop me up from under the covers, holding me securely to his chest with one strong hand on the back of my head and one round my waist. He carried me over to the wardrobe and opened it up. "Let's get you dressed,"Eddie said, looking through the racks of outfits he had for me.