Chapter 48 - The End To A Good Weekend

Eddie, of course, took back his role of being the responsible one the very next morning. It was early when he woke up, the sun blazing through the bedroom, and he looked as cheerful as ever too. He looked refreshed and merry as he watched me sleep and groomed me, just gently playing with my hair and then petting me. I was rather confused when it woke me up. I rubbed my eyes,"Eddie?-"
"Good morning baby,"he said, louder than I had expected. I sat up with him and stretched out a little, I instantly had memories of last night flash through my mind. "Are you okay?"I asked quietly. Eddie smiled wide from that and held my shoulder, bringing me closer to him, he kissed my forehead. "Of course I'm okay! I woke up to a little princess right next to me,"he said sweetly. I giggled a bit nervously at that. "But, about yesterday-"
"Ah yes, Janie would you like to go to the park today instead? Or maybe we can have a small picnic by the strawberry fields? You're officially un-grounded,"he announced. I tucked my hair behind my ear, a little puzzled. "Well, okay, that does sound lovely, but I meant I'm sorry about what I said yesterday...are you sure you're feeling alright now?"I asked. Eddie looked as puzzled as me now. "What do you mean Janie?"Eddie queried. I wrinkled my nose from that question. "You were...you were in the garden, you got upset,"I said. Eddie wrinkled his nose to copy me, and he looked innocent when doing it. He felt my forehead,"Are you feeling well? Must have been a bad dream."

Before I could argue that it wasn't a dream he pressed his thumb to my lip to stop me. He leaned in and raised an eyebrow, looking cheeky. "Before you say any more, tell me, are you well enough for a picnic?"he asked. I nodded making his goofy smile return. "Good,"he said. He removed his thumb from my mouth and lunged forwards, kissing me hard and firmly on the lips, but it was also passionate. I was confused and overwhelmed by his behaviour, but I also liked it. It reminded me of the carefree days I had here, when he was never stressed and was always affectionate no matter what I did, so forgiving and gentle. I quickly kissed him back because I wanted that feeling to stay. It gave him permission to keep going, so we made out on the bed for a long while, breathless. He continued to touch my hair as we did this, like he does every time we kissed. I forgot about everything bad that happened yesterday for a moment, and I wanted to keep forgetting it, because with moments like these, it made me feel safe. Nothing bad could happen to us, we didn't have a care in the world if something tried to spoil our day, we just had fun.

Eddie treated me like a princess that morning. We had breakfast in bed, which consisted of strawberry crepes, a croissant and some orange juice. Eddie licked the cream and sugar from my lips when I was done, I blushed and giggled from that. When I was in the middle of getting changed Eddie rushed over to help me, pulling my flower dress over my head for me and slipping my socks on. When I brushed my teeth, he stood behind me and held my waist, he took the toothbrush and gently started brushing my teeth for me, smiling at me in the bathroom mirror. He re-painted my nails blue for me, taking his time so it would look neat. He brushed my hair for me a hundred times too, admiring my silky strands and curling them slowly around his index finger. He closed his eyes and sniffed at my hair, he seemed to be appreciating every little thing today. I mean, he always shows how much he loves me, but he seems different today.

When he headed to the bathroom quick I stayed behind in our bedroom and stared at the sliding doors. I pulled the curtains back so I could see the garden, and my heart accelerated when I could see the shovel on the ground and the patch of dirt he had dug up. It wasn't a dream. Usually I can tell when Eddie is lying, but he genuinely doesn't seem to remember anything about last night. I bit my lip, I felt worried for him. Worried for his mental state. It should have scared me, but I went along with everything he wanted me to do, I wanted to keep him happy. Eddie called to me from the kitchen when he took a basket out from one of the cabinets. "You gotta help me pack, Janie,"he said, smiling. I smiled back and did as he asked, he didn't need my help really but he just wanted to know what I fancied eating for the picnic, and to make me feel included in his happy daze.