Chapter 39 - Don't Frown

Eddie ran a bath for me after dinner, though I barely ate my food. I held my knees and stared into space sadly. I never thought he'd do that to me, I never expected it to even happen to me again. I've had spankings before, but only when I was a toddler. My dad would never hurt me of course and mum wasn't that mean, it was my nan who first smacked me. I thought I deserved it and I was too scared to tell anyone at first, but mum eventually found out. She was furious with nan then, they didn't get along so well anyway but they seemed to hate each other after that. Nan was always ashamed of mum for some reason, I didn't think she approved of dad, so she hated me. She never came to mum and dad's wedding or visited at Christmas. Only sent a simple card each year, as if she couldn't bear to see us. I wasn't even that naughty as a child, she scolded me for every little thing. Mum and dad never arranged me to visit her again and I didn't think she even cared.

Eddie wiped his hands on a towel when he came out the bathroom and smiled. "Bath's ready baby,"he said calmly. He offered to carry me but I ignored him and walked straight past him to the bathroom myself, he held onto my shoulder firmly before I could get to the door. "Watch that attitude Janie,"Eddie said sternly, narrowing his eyes a little. I wanted to glare back at him, but I was too scared to. I frowned instead and looked down sadly. He patted my shoulder. "Hop in the bath then." I obediently undressed myself in the bathroom and dipped into the warm water, it still burned my bum. I whimpered quietly and tried looking at it, I checked in the bathroom mirror and my legs grew shaky when I saw how red it looked. I quickly got back in the bath when I heard Eddie's footsteps, he came in holding my nightdress and some woolly socks to change into after.

Eddie bathed me gently and I had to let him, though I wouldn't look at him the whole time. I flinched when he rubbed my back and butt with the sponge. "Does it hurt?"he whispered, acting kind again. I just held my arms, I knew if I said something it would be scornful. Luckily he didn't get angry from my silence and stubborness, he just sighed. When I was out of the bath again and drying myself, Eddie even tried putting some lotion on my bum, but I jumped out the way as soon as I felt him touch me. "Don't, don't touch there,"I almost started crying again. Eddie held my wrist and said calmly,"Stop moving and it won't hurt, I'm just trying to help." I bent my head sadly as I clutched my towel, the tears welling up in my eyes. Eddie sighed again, but softly. "Okay Janie, let's just get your nightie on then I'll carry you to bed,"he said, gently dabbing me dry with the towel.

I realised he tricked me when he carried me to bed, because he still had the lotion in his hand and he told me to lie down on my front. After a minute of me refusing I eventually did as he asked, not wanting him to spank me again. I rested my chin on a pillow as I lied down, biting my cheeks hard and sobbing as he pulled my nightdress up and my panties down. I flinched when I felt the cold cream touch my bum, Eddie smoothed it on carefully but I hated that. Only a couple hours ago he brutally slapped me there, I didn't want his tenderness. He rubbed gentle circles on both cheeks, I gripped my pillow hard the whole time. "There, does that feel better baby?"he whispered. I forced myself to nod as a tear slid down my face.

* * *
Eddie didn't set an alarm or wake me up early the next morning, I felt annoyed from that. I slid out of his cuddle and hopped out of bed, though the action made my behind sting. I rubbed my bum a couple times then ran over to my backpack that was left in the corner of the room, I checked my school schedule to see what lessons I had today. My heart skipped a beat when I remembered I had P.E today, I dived back into my backpack and grabbed my P.E shirt to look at it properly. As expected it still had the blue stains from when I bunked last week and painted my nails, it wasn't too obvious since it was a navy blue shirt, but you could see lighter blue splodges here and there. I couldn't wear this at school. I rushed over to my drawer, searching for a spare shirt, Eddie woke up then. He didn't say good morning, he didn't say anything at first. He was just watching me intently. I didn't care and didn't say good morning either.