Chapter 56 - Pills

I let go of Calum's hand, he looked a bit hurt from that and puzzled, wondering why I was scared, but Eddie was feeling way worse. Eddie was still staring at me sadly, tears in his eyes, but he slowly turned his attention to Calum. His eyes narrowed, he didn't even try to hide it. He was glaring at him hard with his fists clenched, and I panicked. "Calum, excuse me for a second,"I said nonchalantly, but my voice wobbled and my heart pounded so hard I thought it would fall out of my chest. I stood up and held Eddie's arm, half-expecting him to pull away, but he let me walk him around the building to where it was secluded, leaving Calum there confused and worried he did something wrong. He was hesitant to run after me.

Eddie was limp as he let me lead the way, heartbroken. I swallowed hard. Once we were out of sight from Calum I turned to Eddie,"Why did you follow me! Eddie, I thought you said you trusted me tonight." I sounded stupid saying that though. His eyes stung with tears. "Yeah well, look where that got us,"he said hurtfully. "I just thought I'd come, to surprise you, but I guess you already found your prom date." I swallowed again and blushed hard. "He's just a friend! I wasn't going to do anything, jesus christ,"I snapped, though I didn't sound certain, and I looked unfaithful. Perhaps I really was.
"Just a friend holding hands?"Eddie retorted. I flushed red but I wanted to cry now too. This isn't how this night was supposed to go. "I wasn't going to..-"
"Prove it,"he said.
"Huh?"
"Prove you love me, Janie." I didn't know what he wanted me to do. Eddie grabbed my neck, and for a moment I thought he'd strangle me, and it made my eyes widen. But, he simply forced me forward so he could slam his lips onto mine for a kiss, but he was scaring me right now. I pushed away, and that made tears stream down his cheeks.

"See, you don't love me anymore do you? You don't! Admit it, you don't!!"he began shouting at me, and that made me start crying too. Eddie pushed me up against the brick wall which hurt my elbows, I don't think he even realised he hurt me. Or maybe he didn't care anymore. He was getting so angry now. "E-Eddie..-"
"You love that little shit Calum, don't you?"
"Please s-stop-"
"No! I won't!" Eddie cried a little more then, and my heart dropped when I could see someone standing nearby. He wasn't being quiet enough at all.

I tried gently pushing Eddie off me and whispered,"Eddie, st-stop, there's someon-"
"No, you listen to me!"Eddie shook me a little, getting impatient, his jaw tightening, and his eyes looked alarming up close. He panted and clenched his teeth, and then he took a deep, shaky breath, trying to calm himself as more tears welled up in his eyes. I don't think I ever felt more scared of him. "We need to make this work, for our relationship Janie. You have to listen to me. You don't want to go back to the basement, do you?"he whispered, his voice cracking and his face inching closer. I pushed on his chest harder then and tried moving away from him, but he snatched at my arm and pulled me back, slamming me to the wall again. "Don't make me fucking hurt you!!"he screamed like a mental patient. He raised his hand, and I covered my face with my arms, genuinely believing he was going to slap me so hard, out of pure rage and jealousy. But he stopped himself, he finally turned his head, and we both saw Breah standing by a nearby tree. She was staring at us, with one hand cautiously leaning on the tree because she was wobbling and holding her stomach, her mouth was now slightly open in shock. She had witnessed Eddie completely freaking out.

I sobbed hard then, feeling utterly sick. She's going to tell someone. Eddie grabbed my wrist,"Come on, we're leaving." He dragged me along the grass, making me trip a little on the way because I couldn't keep up with him in my heels. "B-But, she saw us-"
"No one will believe that drunk old cow,"Eddie said nastily. Once we were in the car park and out of sight from Breah, he kept tugging on my arm impatiently as I cried, my body jerking forward each time. Tears streamed down my face when he forced me to get in the car, I could see the mascara running down my face too in the rear view mirror. I refused to put my seat belt on as I wailed like a toddler, stomping my feet a little too. Eddie furiously strapped me in himself, and once the seat belt made its click sound he grabbed my face, squeezing my cheeks a little between his fingers and thumb. "I don't know why you're crying now, you'll only have something to cry about once we get home. Save the tears for then, yeah?"he hissed. I fiercely moved my head away from him, and he finally slapped my face.