Chapter 18 - His Valentine

A few days later I felt Eddie poke my cheek in the early morning, the sun was touching my face too through the window so I rubbed my eyes. "Mm?"I hummed tiredly. I opened my eyes to find a soft smile on his face, his brown eyes staring at me warmly. He stroked circles on my cheek and whispered,"Wakey wakey, do you know what day it is baby?" I rubbed my eyes some more and stretched out, shaking my head no. I've lost track of the date since I never really need to know anymore, I have my phone, yes, but I only get limited time with it, Eddie says he doesn't want me having too much screen time. He smiled again and slowly dragged me closer to him for an embrace, he placed his cheek on mine and said,"It's Valentines day." I slowly blushed from that and made a small 'oh' sound, this was always a day I never really bothered with but I guess we're doing it now. Eddie chuckled from my reaction and gently broke the hug to sit up,"Come on, breakfast time."

I followed after him, still in my nightdress, and took a seat at a stool to watch him cook. Eddie tied his apron round his waist but before he got started he wagged a finger at me,"No peeking Janie, it's a surprise." I nodded then covered my eyes with my hands, I took them away after a few seconds to peek on purpose making him laugh. He tutted and tied a scarf loosely round my eyes. "No peeking,"he repeated, poking my nose.

I tapped my fingers on the counter and swung my legs back and forth playfully as I waited. I could hear him flipping something over in a frying pan and fetching something from the fridge, I wondered what he was making. When I finally heard the chink sound of a plate being placed down in front of me I smiled, I knew Eddie was smiling too as he unravelled the scarf for me,"You may see now." I looked down and stared in awe, it was french toast cut in the shape of a perfectly rounded heart, it was powdered with icing sugar and had slices of strawberries and a few raspberries sitting on top, it looked wonderful. I found a pink envelope beside the plate too which excited me, I turned around to give Eddie a hug while he chuckled. "Thank you, it looks lovely Eddie,"I said sweetly. He ruffled my hair gently,"Anything for you Janie." He smiled and began making some normal toast for himself while I rushed to our bedroom, he raised an eyebrow in question but I hurried back with my phone, I wanted a picture of it before it's gone. Eddie laughed as he watched me take a photo, I just blushed again but grinned. He knew I wasn't the kind of girl to snap a picture of food and post it online (not that I could post anything anyway), I was doing it for the memory only. He liked that.

I opened the envelope and found a red Valentine's card signed neatly by Eddie, I frowned a little since I had nothing to give him back. "I need to make something for you now,"I said. Eddie took a seat next to me and kissed my forehead,"No you don't, you're all I need Janie." I still felt a bit guilty but was touched by his words all the same. We watched romance films all morning together then I found more surprises by lunch time, there was a single rose in a small glass pot on the patio table in the garden and a box of chocolates beside it. I covered my face when I felt myself go red again,"Stop spoiling me." Eddie kissed my cheek and simply said,"I can't help it."

By the early evening we sat in bed together just holding each other softly as we watched another film, we were sharing the box of chocolates he gave me. Well, he fed me most of it. He poked another dark chocolate block against my mouth, smirking flirtatiously while I chewed, he'd occasionally lean down and flick his tongue over my lips to lick it off, I always giggled from that. He stroked my hair as the film went on while I cuddled him.

At one point of the film there was a tickling scene, I felt Eddie poke my foot with his own while he smiled down at me mischievously, I quickly protected my neck with my hands to prevent any tickles and giggled,"No!" He easily tickled my waist instead making me squeal with laughter as he climbed on top of me to trap me. We both stopped after a few minutes when we heard something different on the TV, Eddie turned around and we both watched a more intimate scene. When he turned back to me we both blushed from the position we were in, he suddenly seemed to lose confidence and slowly sat back beside me so I wouldn't be uncomfortable.