Chapter 20 - A Promise

The next day I was still admiring my bracelet, smiling and making it jingle every now and then. I was sitting on Eddie's lap while he was looking through some paperwork, after a while I thought I was being a bit of a nuisance, distracting him with silly stories and questions and the sound of my bracelet clinking. "I'm gonna go take a bath Eddie,"I decided. He set his pen down on his desk to pat my waist and look at me. Eddie kissed my cheek,"Okay sweetie." I hopped off his lap and headed to the bathroom merrily, I thought a long soak by myself would be nice.

After I turned on the bath taps I shut and locked the door before taking off my jacket and new bracelet, placing it safely on the bathroom cabinet. A few minutes later as I was about to strip I heard the door knob jiggle making me jump. "Janie? Why'd you lock the door?"Eddie called, tapping it once. I rushed over to the door to unlock it and let him in, he smiled at me then glanced over at the bathtub and back at me. He ruffled my hair and began tutting,"No baby, that's my job, I'm in charge of baths now, okay?" I watched as he walked over to the bathtub and rolled up his sleeves. He then poked his hand in the water, closing his eyes and shaking his head. "See that's too hot for you Janie, we don't want to burn your sensitive skin,"Eddie corrected me. I fidgeted. "Oh, sorry...I thought you were busy with work,"I said. I didn't mind steamy baths or showers but I didn't say anything about that, he's just looking out for me. He ruffled my hair again before turning back to the bath. "I'll always make time for you Janie,"he said.

He added more cold water to the tub before turning around to face me again, he looked down at me then grinned and began stripping me. I blushed darkly from this, he's certainly more bold than he was on Valentine's day. When I was naked he even lifted me into the tub himself, as if I couldn't manage that. I thought Eddie would turn to the door and leave me be, but he sat on his knees in front of the bath, insisting on cleaning me too. He added quite a lot of bubbles which I didn't mind and he even plopped in a rubber duck into the water, we both laughed a little as he squeaked it playfully in my face.

It reminded me of when my parents bathed me as a toddler, mum always cleaned my hair gently and dad would always entertain me with the bath toys. As Eddie smoothed some shampoo into my hair I suddenly felt myself tearing up, I love Eddie of course, but I felt a sudden longing to go back to my old home again. Eddie noticed something was wrong. "What's the matter Janie?" he asked. "Did I get soap in your eyes?" He looked worried now. I quickly shook my head no and rubbed my eyes,"Just a bit tired." He sighed softly then and shook his head, he suggested I nap when he was doing his paperwork earlier but I insisted I stay up. He made out he was annoyed for me being naughty, but he pinched my nose gently to make me laugh, I smiled and swatted his hand away before giggling, I don't want to cry in front of him. I don't want him to know I'm missing my family, I didn't want to upset him, I want things to stay cheerful.

Eddie made sure I was warm and completely dry when it was time to get out the bath, he got fussed as soon as he saw my fingertips getting a little pruney. After he blowdried and brushed out my hair, he wrapped me up snugly in a blanket and carried me back to our bedroom. He never let me do it myself, but I didn't mind anymore, I was actually liking being babied now.

He sat himself down on our bed with me beside him, I shook my arms free from the blanket so I could cuddle him, Edddie smiled and kissed my forehead from that. He then reached over the bedside table to grab a magazine. I snuggled up to Eddie's chest while he wrapped his arms around me and opened up the magazine, he leaned down to kiss my cheek,"Which location do you like best?" He flipped through the pages slowly as I watched in awe, it was a holiday magazine. I looked up at Eddie and asked,"You're taking us somewhere?" He leaned his head against mine and gently took my hand in his. "Yeah, I'll be saving some money for our future,"he said, now stroking my ring finger. I stayed silent but blushed darkly for a moment after when I had a guess of what he meant. I looked back up at him, he was smiling softly and his gentle brown eyes seemed to glow. "I'd love to take you somewhere special after we're married." He spoke boldly, he didn't seem nervous at all, and he was confident that this was happening. He kissed my lips tenderly and I blushed a dark red from his words, he stared at me with hopeful eyes.

He smoothed my hair back and kept his hand in my hair, he whispered to my face,"You do want to be mine, don't you? You'll make a beautiful bride." I couldn't say anything and couldn't look him in the eye, I just blushed further as my heart pounded. Eddie gently lifted my chin with his index finger so I was facing him. "Janie, do you promise to be mine in a few years?"he asked seriously. And so the question came that fast. I felt my heart flutter. I know there's something different about him, but he only kidnapped me because he cares and loves me too much, he's done nothing but protect and look after me this whole time. I knew I loved him, so I knew my answer too. I opened my mouth slightly but no words came out. I simply nodded shyly making his eyes twinkle. He smiled wide and held my face gently, he brought his lips to mine to share a long and passionate kiss.