Chapter 6

🔞🔞🔞

I pressed my legs on the floor as I was fighting with a gentle, yet firm force around my wrist, trying to free myself. My head felt like it was spinning since I began to experience a new emotion that I never encountered before. It was full of everything that was happening but my mind was still capable of absorbing it, causing my heartbeat to settle for a complete mess.

Staying still, I demanded myself to process what had happened and what was happening at the time. It was difficult since both of them rushed into every single vein in my mind. I couldn't even say a word, let alone get up and run, which I preferred more but my legs felt so weak.

Then I received another strength; not forceful but strong, pulling me towards a direction that I had been trying to get away from going.

"Roseanne..." Melissa's voice sent another attack to my brain. "Again?"

I hesitated as soon as I heard her request, shaking my head in response because fear had risen from within. Melissa didn't move since I couldn't feel any shifting except for her grip around my hand. So I guessed she was still resting her head on the table, staring at me at the moment.

I kind of expected she would wake up at any time but I didn't expect myself to kiss her... on the lips! I wasn't sure where that idea came from and how I got the strength to do it. Was it a wrong move?

"You don't want to do it again?" Melissa let out another question.

I shook my head one more time to respond to her, feeling like my mouth was glued.

"It will feel better if you do it again"

Melissa didn't sound like she was just talking but persuading as well, and her reaction to what I did to her really confused me. To be honest I thought she would get mad at me for kissing her. I didn't think before I did it. I didn't even consider or have a second thought about it. I just kissed her, letting all my emotions overpower my common sense. She had all the rights to be frustrated and get angry for my actions. Besides, she wasn't feeling well and she probably had been crying at home. How could I take advantage on her in that condition?

"Roseanne, both of us will feel bad if you don't do it again" She added.

Taking a deep breath, I tried to speak up.

"I- I already feel bad"

I finally managed to give my first response after the kiss, stuttering.

Melissa loosened her grip around my wrist that was previously stopping me from leaving, which surprised me a little. She lets me go? Is she mad? Am I too stubborn until she gives up? Those were the questions that rushed into my head, putting even more stress for me to handle than they already were.

But then I got my answers when she trailed her fingers along my arm, stopping when they reached my shoulder and that was when I felt her getting up from the resting position.

I could feel her breath brushing against my face shortly after. So I put both of my hands on her instantly when I realised how close our distance was, hoping she wouldn't get any closer.

"Lisa-"

"I feel bad too" She cut my sentence off as her hand continued to travel to my nape.

"I'm so sorry" I whispered weakly, lowering my head to express my regrets.

"I don't want to leave feeling this way" She said while her other hand reached my chin, pulling my head back up gently. "My chest hurts"

My jaw trembled when I tried so hard to hold the urge to cry. It was because I knew exactly what she was feeling since my chest was in pain too. I felt like I wanted to punch it until it bruised because this kind of pain wasn't something Melissa and I could explain to each other. It was an internal torture that left no physical evidence whatsoever.