Chapter 32

It had been two weeks since I met Melissa again after 10 years. We had been together for two weeks now and it felt like we had never been separated before. My feelings for her were just the same like when we were 15 and now we were already 25. I guessed she didn't only make my heart skip its beat, but the time too.

Melissa did a very good job, I had to give her that credit. The effort she gave in these two weeks of reunion with me was undeniable. She worked so hard even with her temper and busy schedule, she still managed to make me feel comfortable with her.

Usually people would feel very awkward after years of separation, along with bad memories and the pain, but just by the way she picked up the red pass from the floor and put it against my chest, everything felt normal. It was like she just erased all those 10 years of nightmares from my life. Even with all her upgraded touches, gestures, kisses, I could still take them comfortably. There wasn't any problem at all to get myself used to them. Besides, she made me want to be kissed, to be touched. I guessed it was because of me as well who was still madly in love with her like going home after school and meeting her again the next day. My own feelings made it easier and we got along pretty well.

I owed Melissa a lot in this. Even though dad was the one who reached out to Leon at first, but it was her who wanted to marry me. It was her who wanted to get back together, as my wife. If she counted on me to reach out to her, she would have waited forever for that.

And I didn't even realise how stubborn and egotistical person I was before. Being in Melissa's arms now as we rested on the bed, sharing each other's sweats against our naked skin got me thinking; what if I contacted her about my book 5 years ago?

What if I just sent her a copy of my book that I wrote for her, saying; Hey Lisa, it's Roseanne. I'm an author now, I made it! Here's a copy for you, hope you'll love it. ? We could have been married earlier than now.

Even when my mum got lung cancer I still tried to be a jerk, refusing to have anything related to The Maas at all. But luckily I listened to my inner soul, and also to Jisoo, which I later agreed to marry Melissa. I finally got to be with the person I really loved, the one I had been waiting for so long. She came back to me.

I could think about this all day and I would be crying again. But I didn't want to cry anymore. I had enough and I got her now with me. She was mine. What else left to cry for? Only for the happiness she caused me, perhaps.

I lifted my head that had been resting on her shoulder for hours long, pushing my body up slowly not to wake her, until my fingers could touch her face.

Stroking her hair, I felt the softness on my palm. My lips were giving kisses on her cheek softly, just to admire my wife even more. The cheek was part of her that I kissed for the first time in the library, and it led to her lips after that, which made me feel so proud of myself for doing the right thing at that time.

Then it came to my mind that I wasn't just a 15 year old girl who was having a phase of loving another girl if mum took a look at us now. We just got married and were very fine together, exactly like what Melissa said few days ago on our wedding night. I was really happy with my life now, of course with my wife in it.

I moved my hand, touching her eyes and going down to her nose and lips as well, thinking about my eyesight all of the sudden. When I discovered about my eye issues years ago, I didn't really care about them. I just left it to God. If my eyesight could be restored, then thank goodness, but if it couldn't, then that was okay too. I didn't ask for it.

But since I was married to Melissa now, I started to have this feeling that I wanted to do the corneal operation. I wanted my eyesight back. All of the sudden being blind had became my concern. I thought it could be my own curiosity to see how Melissa looked like as a grown up woman. To be honest, I had forgotten how she used to look like when we were both 10; the very last time I saw her with my own eyes even though it was blurry at that time, I did see her.