Chapter 36

"Rosé!"

"What?!"

"Don't you want to wake up?!"

I groaned when I heard Jisoo's voice, yelling from outside of the room. I felt like I was being grumpy and I knew what was the reason behind it.

I missed Melissa.

I just met her last week when she came to Sydney to visit me. She spent 8 days here, leaving all her business matters behind and giving me full attention. She didn't even answer her phone because she refused to be disturbed while having quality time with her needy, always sulking wife.

But it was such a great pain to be separated again. And I cried a lot these days since I thought about her quite often. I started to think if I had became clingy or too attached to Melissa. Well, she was my wife, my good wife to be exact. I was supposed to be attached to her.

She had been nothing but kind to me. She had always been kind ever since school time. That was why I got clingy back then also. I just couldn't go through a day without her in the class if she skipped school and all.

"It's 11am already!" Jisoo yelled again and I rolled over, burying my face into her pillow.

My mind just decided to sabotage my almost afternoon energy by replaying the memory Melissa. It was about how she would wake me every morning whenever we were together. Melissa would never use her voice, but she would always kiss my whole face instead, especially my lips. She would keep kissing until I woke up. And her hands would be around my body, stroking and tapping my back as gentle as she could.

Because she knew how hard it was for me to get up from my sleep. I would frown, groan and be grumpy, rolling my body over on the bed. Melissa would scoot closer to kiss my back and trail up to my neck. Only when she was left with no other choices as her wife was so stubborn to wake up, she would start nibbling my ear, which definitely would wake me up instantly.

I started to compare how good it was to wake up to Melissa and to wake up without her, just like what was happening now. I only got yelled at. Nobody loved me like she did and it was so frustrating.

Well, Jisoo had the right to yell though since I was in her apartment, on her bed to be exact. I had been sleeping here since 2 days ago just to get my mind cleared.

I actually felt like I was a stranger in my own apartment that I rented. I guessed mum really couldn't see my face anymore, or she would snap at me. That was why I had been distancing myself. I even avoided to come home. I would rather stay at Jisoo's.

Mum was different since she started her chemotherapy treatments. I knew that it was so painful for her to endure the procedure. She was expected to get emotional and angry often. But I didn't understand why she would always get mad over Melissa. There was one time I heard she switch off the TV straight away when Melissa was in the news regarding the Incheon Bridge crisis.

Mum really disliked my wife to the extent that she couldn't even hear her name.

But she was the one who would say Melissa's name first whenever she saw me walking in the apartment, asking questions about our marriage such as when we were going to get divorced. That really burned my flame of anger.

Mum even suggested me to give it a try with Jeongkook. I didn't even know how she had the heart to wish for her own daughter's marriage to be broken just to see me ended up with a guy that she would be proud of calling son in law.

I was married to Melissa for 9 months already, and Melissa was mum's daughter in law no matter what. Some people just didn't want to accept the truth because they were trying so hard to fulfill their own denial.