Chapter 35

Melissa was still silent. I could tell that she was thinking and processing really hard now. My hands that were in hers never left while I kept sitting on her lap with her arms around my waist.

"What about the successful rate?"

I smiled, knowing that she would ask that. In fact, that was the first question that came out from her mouth since I talked about this matter to her, which was last night. But she didn't have anything to say or ask, she just gave me kisses and we both drove to sleep. I didn't encourage the topic anymore because I thought she might be tired from work and everything.

But surprisingly, as we were both in this secret chamber of hers, she asked me to sit on her lap and open the topic again.

I almost thought that she had forgotten about it or she didn't even give attention last night, but she proved me wrong.

"Lisa, you still have work to do" I responded without answering her question.

"And?"

"And we can talk about this later, maybe when you come home tonight"

"But I want to talk about it now, not later" She objected softly, resting her head against my back. "My work has no end, baby"

I sighed. I knew how tired she was with her work, crisis, internal issues in the company, everything. It was like her brain never had enough rest even though when she was asleep. I just pitied her and I didn't want to add more stuff for her to think about.

She already had enough.

I brought her hands up, kissing them softly as our fingers intertwined.

"Successful rate?" Melissa repeated her question.

"90%"

"Hmmmm, that's an impressive percentage but just not enough"

I stopped kissing her hands instantly, a little surprised by her comment.

"Not enough?"

"Why not 100%?"

I turned my body to my right, letting my grip off and wrapping my arms around her neck.

"Because they have to be compatible, wifey"

"So you are saying that they can't be compatible as well?"

"Yes, there are possibilities that they are not compatible"

"But why?! They must have done some tests first, right?"

Melissa started to argue as her tone changed, sounding like she was surprised and worried. I couldn't blame her though since I reacted the same way like her back then. But I was enlightened by the doctor and I didn't worry anymore.

So it was my job now to explain to her.

"Of course they will do some tests first, Lisa" I leaned in until our noses touched and I tilted my head to the left, expecting to feel her lips on mine and she granted me.

She had a different lipstick today, or maybe I was tasting her lip balm that she might coat on top. Melissa was kissing me in a slow pace, which I would love to keep it that way since I didn't want to ruin her lipstick if I went hard.

Also because I didn't want to end up on her sofa; weak and naked. It happened before.

I guessed I had to wait until tonight for that.

I parted the kiss when I felt like I couldn't hold it any longer, resting my forehead against hers with my eyes remained closed.

"But they are same like the organs, like heart, lungs, kidneys" I continued my explanation, trying to keep my breath low since it got heated up for few seconds just now. "Even if the tests are successful, 100% match with my blood type and everything, it's still depends on my own body"