Chapter 23

"Tell me Jisoo!" I nearly screamed in excitement.

"Wait-"

"No! Tell me now!"

"I only have two eyes, you know?"

"I want to know now!" I whined, standing behind her as she was sitting on the dining chair while my arms clung around her neck.

"I swear to God you are turning me deaf, Rosé"

I continued to trouble her, squealing and rocking our bodies in rhythm as I waited for her to take her time.

"Jisoo-"

"I need more time!" She cut my sentence playfully, projecting her complaint about me who was being so impatient.

"You guys are too loud" Jeongkook shot us a warning as he was watching the TV.

"As loud as your broken heart?"

I slapped Jisoo's hand instantly, disapproving her dissing Jeongkook that way. That just sounded so mean to me.

"Are you done yet?" I asked her with a lower volume this time.

"Yes, Rosé. I think I'm ready to tell you" She exhaled loudly as if her breath was so heavy. That was supposed to be me.

I hugged her tighter, almost squeezing as our cheeks rested against each other's.

"What does it look like?" I let out a whisper while my mouth couldn't stop smiling.

"It's-" She stopped for a second. "It's so beautiful, Rosé" Her low voice gave me shiver as goosebumps climbed up from my arms straight to my neck. "I never seen any ring as beautiful as this"

"That's because you never go for jewellery shopping"

Jeongkook interrupted, probably reminding about the necklace he bought for me. I began to feel guilty that he needed to hear all of this. I came to Jisoo's place without knowing he was already there. If only I knew it, I wouldn't have came. I could visit the next day instead.

Jisoo didn't reply to him, being so quiet. I assumed she was staring at the ring.

"Is it that beautiful?"

"Yes Rosé, I feel like taking off this diamond, cut them into two and put them inside my eyes, you know?" She said and I let out small giggles. "So it will sparkle my eyes"

"It's a diamond?"

"Based on the brand on the box, yes it is. Let me Google real quick"

I felt her hands moving around, and I kept my previous slouching position against her back.

"It's a Cartier 18 carats diamond wedding ring" Jisoo came back to me with the answer shortly after.

"That sounds expensive" I said, frowning a little.

"Expensive enough to feed 7 generations without working at all"

Jeongkook interrupted again. "That ring costs her nothing though. She can buy like 5 of them just for fun"

"If you want to talk bad about this Lisa girl, then leave my house"

"Why are you defending her all of the sudden?"

"Because you are talking about someone you don't even know personally. And also because she's going to be our best friend's wife," She spoke without a single pause. "I know you really hate this Lisa girl but have some respect for Rosé"

I rubbed her arm with some pressure, hoping that it could calm her down. I was going to get mad too, but I kept in mind what Jisoo told me back then; don't let anything he says get into me. I guessed I had learned to do it now, remained quiet.