EPILOGUE 1

"Lisa..." Her dad called, tapping the empty chair next to him. "Come here, child"

She wasn't sure what to do. She couldn't just sit down and wait, but walking back and forth wouldn't make her feeling any better either. Her palms were sweaty as she kept on grasping and opening her hands repetitively.

"She will be fine, Lisa"

She sighed when that sentence was the only thing she had been holding onto since her wife was pushed into the labour room.

"It's been half an hour, dad" She responded as she kept walking around.

"You have to stay calm"

"Weren't you worried?" Lisa asked to distract herself, making her way to the seat he was sitting at. "Back then?"

"I was," He answered with a smile. "But I was working that time, cooking for your family"

"What?!" She exclaimed in surprise. "You didn't leave?!"

"I wasn't allowed to, it was near lunch time"

Lisa shook her head in disbelief, looking down at her own hands as she started to play with her wedding ring.

"So your wife-" She took a deep breath before continuing. "Gave birth to Roseanne without you there?"

"Unfortunately, yeah. She is still upset about that until now though" He chuckled, making Lisa to form a small smile on her face.

Melissa started to feel bad about what she just heard. She didn't know that her papa was so strict at that time, there wasn't even a room for consideration.

"I'm so sorry"

"That's okay, at least you are here for Rosé"

"I should have gone inside with her," Lisa said in regret, closing her eyes. "If only I was willing to witness those things"

Mr. Pearce pulled her into a hug, stroking her back to calm her down.

"She knows you are out here, waiting"

Lisa couldn't hold her feelings anymore as she just cried her eyes out. She wasn't scared of blood or anything, she could definitely go in to be with Roseanne at this crucial time with a strong mental condition. But it was her emotional state that was weak.

She loved her the most in the world, and she couldn't see Roseanne crying, in pain. She couldn't even imagine how painful it must have been for her wife, giving everything; spirit and strength, just to give birth to their first child.

Roseanne's scream that she heard in the ambulance already scarred her heart, embedded deep in her memory that made her refuse to hear it again as it consumed her soul to every tear she shed for her.

"Lisa?" Her dad called, pulling away from the hug and he caught her back by the face softly. "Roseanne can do this"

"How can you do this, dad?" Lisa sniffled, wiping her own tears. "I'm not strong at all"

"Faith," He answered her shortly. "Have faith on her, my child, that's the only thing we have right now"

Lisa gave him a weak smile as his words began to sink in her mind. She thought that he said the right thing at this time. And as far as she had known Roseanne, she was more than aware that Roseanne really loved it when people trusted her. It would make her proud and feel better about herself, that she could do whatever other people could do too.