Chapter 28

"Lisa-"

"You said you missed me"

"Of course I did," I withdrew my hand from her chest. "But not this way"

"What way then?"

I sighed, lowering my head. I knew that she understood what I was talking about. She was just pretending that she didn't, probably avoiding to talk about it.

So I took her hands in mine as I leaned closer, trying to convince her to talk.

"Don't you miss me, Lisa?" I asked again even though I could tell she wouldn't respond to me regarding this matter. "I really missed you..." I tried to encourage her more, resting my cheek against hers.

She was still lost in the silence she had fallen for.

I turned my head, continuing to kiss her skin as gentle as I could.

"Talk to me, Lisa..."

I started to beg this time in whisper to her ear.

"I don't do talking," She finally made a sound by her mouth but her tone was different. She sounded like she was sad and still wanting to be cold towards me.

"I always know that, it's okay" I said as I stroked her nape, massaging it softly. "You don't have to talk to other people, you can just talk to me"

Her breathing was getting heavier since I could hear her clearly at this point. She could probably thinking if she should or shouldn't talk to me about it. I could sense how hesitated she was now as her jaw began to tremble.

"I won't get mad at you, Lisa" I tried harder and still in control of my tone. I didn't want to sound like I was pushing her or anything. So I kissed her ear in between speech, just as soft as she did to me earlier. "I promise"

Melissa's arms hugged me around my body, and she inhaled the scent of my hair since I could hear her sniffing.

"Do you hate me, Roseanne?"

Her voice cracked this time and I knew she was at the edge of breaking down again. So I held her face with both of my hands, resting my forehead against her.

"Lisa..." I sighed. "I don't hate you," I brushed her cheeks with my thumbs. "...I will never hate you"

"Why wouldn't you?"

I smiled.

"I love you, Lisa"

I knew what kind of person I was. Back then she had to tickle me just to make me say I love you to her. I was hard on telling directly about my love towards her. I would always prefer to show it with my actions, hoping that she would understand.

A 15 year old Melissa on the other hand, despite of being someone who didn't like talking since the very beginning, she used to be surprisingly opened about love and affections. She did it in both ways; talk and action. She used to tell me with her own mouth that she loved me for every single day. She even noticed that I would get tired of hearing that.

But both of us had changed now. I had decided to tell her everything about my feelings. I didn't want to continue being shy or uncomfortable in expressing my love. I had learned that moments didn't last long, and without you expected it, things could change in just a snap of fingers. That was what I was doing now, telling Melissa how much I had been missing her, and I was still in love with her no matter what happened in the past.

"Do you really, Roseanne?" She asked, sounding like she was in doubt. But I didn't mind about that. I would tell her that I loved her for how many times she wanted me to.