Chapter 42 - Legion

"Come on, just tell me already!"

Jisoo had been whining to my ears about my book title ever since I started writing it. It wasn't only because it was a secret to build up the tension in her, which could make my book more interesting and appealing to her as the editor in chief, but also because I just loved to tease her like she always did to me.

"I can't tell you yet" I giggled as I was enjoying myself, being begged with her arm around my waist as we both walked towards the elevator.

"But you are almost done right?"

"According to the original plot, yeah I only have around 30% left but," I stopped my sentence intentionally as I pushed the going up button.

"But what?"

Jisoo asked with eagerness in her tone, causing her eyebrows to furrow a little while she kept her eyes on me, waiting for her question to be answered.

I decided to torture her more as I waited for the elevator door to part, and we both stepped inside with plastic bags of groceries we just bought.

"But the plot has changed" I finished the sentence with a playful grin and saw the surprise smeared all over Jisoo's face.

"What?!" She exclaimed. "Are you joking?"

"No I'm not," I let out soft giggles while my eyes darted to the screen, looking at which floor we were currently at as we went up floor by floor.

"You know about the drawbacks right?"

"I do, Jisoo. It won't change the existing story progression. I only add more growth to the characters, which means more chapters"

"More time complete too" She placed a point that I didn't even mention, but it was theoretically and technically true.

"Definitely"

"You already postponed it long enough, Rosé"

We stepped out from the elevator when we reached the 8th floor, where Jisoo's apartment was on.

"Yeah, about that" I sighed. "Will I get into trouble?"

"Of course!" Jisoo sounded like she was ready to nag, and she did. "You don't make money for the company for 3 years now. Houghton Mifflin has the right to void your contract"

"Ohh no," It was my turn to whine this time while Jisoo was unlocking the door. "I can go and see Mr. Wilson if I have to, but I really need more time"

"How much?"

"A year?"

"A freaking year?!" She received another surprise, shaking her head right after. "One year for you, but 6 months for Kookie and I to edit it Rosé!" Jisoo sounded so serious right now.

I placed the plastic bags on the kitchen counter, making my way to the water dispenser as she started to take out the things we bought.

"Printing, distribution, marketing," She continued. "Only then the company will earn money"

She was frowning now, making those soft wrinkles on her forehead looked even more visible.

"Jisoo, I'm so confident about this. I really need your help to back me up with Mr. Wilson" I walked to her with a glass of cold water in my grip. "This is going to be big!"

Her hands stopped, taking her eyes off the plastic bag to bring them to my face with curiosity that was obviously running in those round orbs.

"How big are you talking about?"

I leaned in, resting my elbows on top of the kitchen counter without breaking the eye contact between us. "New York big"

"What?!" Her eyes widened, staring into mine with questionable tone in her deep voice.