EPILOGUE 2

46.3k read special 💕

She took the same path, same road, every single morning. She could take her car but she would always prefer walking as she could see the scenery better, and the lovely people around doing their own stuffs for a living. Especially in this near winter season, she really loved to inhale that fresh, morning air that sent coldness through her nose.

"Good morning, Mr. Clavette!" She greeted one of the men around who owned a flower shop that she had to walk passed by, stopping her legs right away.

"Madame Pearce!" He exclaimed as he was arranging flowers near the walkway. "Good morning to you, and your lad!"

Lisa gave him a smile as she turned her gaze to someone she held by the hand. "Jonathan, aren't you going to greet Mr. Clavette?"

The young boy pulled away, hiding his face behind Lisa's body as a sign of disapproval.

"Hey?"

Lisa was about to nag but she was stopped by the older man.

"That's okay madame, he's still a kid"

"Yeah," Lisa sighed as she put her other hand inside her pocket. "A kid who wakes up moody all the time"

The man gave a little laugh when he heard that. "Aren't they all?"

"Of course but this one is extra special!" She continued to tease until the younger boy started to whine. "Are these fresh?"

Lisa asked while she took one step closer to the flowers, eyes looking for something specific.

"As for this morning?"

"Yeah,"

"The lorry hasn't come yet, they will be late as I was informed" He answered her and Lisa nodded as she hummed. "These are yesterday's, sold at half price"

She breathed out, exhaling the warmed air from the inside of her body that created a visible soft smoke.

"Are you looking for a flower, Madame?"

"Yeah but it's not here," She responded as she started to shiver from the wind that just blew, giving winter coldness to her face as the only part of her skin that wasn't covered by clothes.

"What kind?"

"A red rose..." She answered with a low voice, and she could feel that her eyes began to water.

"Red roses are in the stocks for this morning delivery, madame. I can keep them for you if you want?"

"That would be lovely"

She gave him another smile when she heard that. Lisa would always buy fresh flowers from this shop when she remembered her wife, who wasn't there with her physically, but always deep in her heart. Roses were the special ones as they symbolised the person she loved the most, so close yet so far.

"Do you need a bouquet or just one?"

"Just one please," Lisa answered shortly.

"My man will send it to your shop when it arrives"

"Thank you," She said as she pulled the boy's hand forward, trying to get him out from hiding mode. "Ugh come on, Jonathan!" Lisa whined this time and finally the boy granted her.

"Bye, Mr. Clavette!"

"Bye lad, see you around, eh?"

Lisa continued to walk that wouldn't take long since the flower shop she stopped by earlier was just about two minutes walk from where she and her 5 year old son were heading.