Chapter 13

"Why are you defending her?!"

"I'm not defending anyone! I'm talking about you! What you did to Melissa is wrong-"

"And what she did to Rosé is right?!"

"I didn't say that! Don't twist my words"

"That's how it sounds like!"

"They are fifteen, San! They don't know what they are doing!"

"Fifteen and already indulged in adult things! What kind of influence Melissa brought to her?! Rosé didn't know those things before!"

"And how long you plan to keep her that way? She's growing up, San! We can't control her much longer"

"So you are just going to let her without doing anything?!"

"I'm just going to let her explore! We have done our best! You did your best! The rest are up to Rosé to choose!"

"You are talking like I should take these things easy-"

"I'm not because it's not easy! I'm just asking you to be realistic! We can't give Rosé a fairytale world!"

I shifted my position, lying on my stomach and pressing the pillow on the back of my head to suppress the noises they were making. I didn't know how to respond or handle this kind of situation, because it never happened before.

I never heard dad yell at my mum, not even once. I never heard they argued before. Well, I was sure they did but maybe not in this manner, maybe not when I was around. They were both shouting to make a point and none of them were listening to each other. Only I did.

It was a lot to take. My peaceful family was now shaking; parents were fighting, mum was disappointed, and I hated on her. The place I spent most of my time at had become the place I wanted to avoid the most. Also, the person who gave me a different kind of love and affection was emotionally damaged.

And it was all because of me.

As hard as I didn't want to hear the fight, I wanted to silent my own sobs too. My face was wet by tears. My chest was so heavy by the broken feelings that were glooming in my heart. For the first time in my life, I felt so helpless, almost like I had lost everything in just one night. It hurt like I had lost my parents, the love of my life, and my own self.

I didn't realise how long I had been crying, drowning myself into a new kind of darkness that was offering help in disguise until I wasn't aware that the fight had stopped. Only the knocks on my door startled me back into my real darkness and yet, I chose to ignore them.

Someone just opened my bedroom door when the knocking was ignored for quite a while.

"Rosé?" Dad's voice echoed, calling for my soul. I let out a heavy sigh as I loosened my grip on the pillow and he came towards me with his loud footsteps.

"Rosé..." He called again, putting pressure on my bed as I could feel the mattress got pressed down. He was sitting beside me now as his musk cologne lingered around. "My little pumpkin?" His hand started to stroke my back softly, stopping for a few times to give taps on my shoulder.

My pain healed a little when I heard him. He would only call me by that nickname whenever I was sulking, and my heart softened instantly. But I wasn't even sulking at that time, there was no reason for him to try hard on me. It was clear that he just wanted my attention, probably wanting to talk to me. So I surrendered as I lifted my head, removing the pillow and rolling my body closer to him to face the ceiling.