Chapter 38 - EYES MEET

One thing in life that perdured in ambivalence and perplexity was definitely the soul to someone's body; the heart. No one in his right and insightful mind could elucidate how mysterious and different the heart was as a unique embodiment that separated one person to another.

But we were not indebted to understand other people's heart, aside from if that was one's choice to make in concent and priority. Because the real challenges came within ourselves, which were to seize and apprehend our own heart.

The heart worked in so many ways for different people as it shaped one's sentiment, and mine was no exception.

My heart had given its very best devoir all these years as being blind was all about it. I read and perceived people's feelings with it, and it trained me to appreciate what I had and what I could use within my own body just to figure out other's.

I used to look at people with nothing else but my heart, and now I started to collect the idea of having the second choice; my eyes.

And I was brought into this strange, different dimension again where I couldn't hear anything else around me when my eyes finally met hers.

I was looking straight into her eyes that were full of cosmic battles and emotions, screaming out to me without the need of any sound, any voice. Her eyes spoke through mine, but they went straight to my heart, still.

The smell she was wearing and the grip she was holding were already embodied in me for the past 9 months of walking down the aisle, but I felt insignificant.

So I slowly pulled my hand that she had a grip on, trying to free myself while she still captivated me by the eyes, only to meet with frustration and failure as I could feel the grasp just got tightened.

"Roseanne..."

Her voice entered my ears in a such delicate way, sounding so soft as trails of silk wrapping at every corner of this dimension we were in. But the impact it had on me was so brutal, atrocious enough to send me remotely to somewhere I had never been to.

It felt like a powerful thump against my chest, pushing me off the floor I was standing on. I was falling into a different spectrum as a light ray, and I felt so small, so alienated. I had no power left just by the sound of her voice, my favourite, loveable voice.

Just by that voice, she snatched everything that I was, splitting my heart into two as she took one for herself while leaving another one for me to keep, and it beat loyally, merely for her as if it was still in one perfect piece.

And I let myself fell, like it was my wish at the first glance of crimson sunset by the horizon. I kept falling without any thought of fighting back, nothing at all. I just let this impact that her voice was giving, sank me in to an endless space until I felt a hand, catching me as the fall stopped straight away.

I saw her eyes as they looked at me. They were strong, lurking into my weak, delirious eyes and made me thinking; when she was going to let go of me? She was the one who pushed me off into this deep fall, and she was the one who was holding me back. But there was something in her ambiguous eyes that I could trust, telling me that no matter how deep I had fallen, she would always catch me back.

And no matter how many times she let go of me, to fall and lost, she would always know when to hold me back.

"You don't want to do it again?"

That was how she caught my hand, pulling me back up from the fall, just by the same voice that could either push or catch me. It was all up to her to decide which one to use.

When I finally realised that question was shot to me, I just shook my head to respond while my tongue was glued, waiting for the right push to be freed.