Chapter 17

"Have you heard from Lisa?"

"Not yet," I sighed as we both walked to the hall. "I tried so many times but she shuts me off"

"It's been 3 weeks for fuck's sake!"

"I know" I lowered my head, thinking about what happened between me and Melissa.

"Okay, her mother died" She began to complain. "She lost her mother, no offence but why, in her stupidest mind, that she has to ignore you?"

Jennie pressed every single word like she was building anger in her tone. She was harsh but she was absolutely right. Why did Melissa has to push me away? I had a few thoughts about it but I brushed them off immediately since I didn't want to engulf myself in negativity; bad assumptions towards Melissa that I wouldn't want to believe she had the heart to do to me.

"One has different ways in handling grief, Jennie" I tried to ease her mind, and also my own. I couldn't blame her since she didn't know what actually happened to Madam Maas. The whole South Korea only knew that it was a heart failure.

"Fuck that!" Jennie groaned boldly. "She's just an ass, Roselle"

"She's a nice girl, Jen, I know her. She's just-" I stopped myself as I was searching for the specific term for it. "-having a difficult phase in her life"

Jennie huffed in annoyance. "A phase? It's just a phase? Who are you? My mother when I told her I like girls?"

"Jennie-"

"Can you stop that?"

"Stop what?"

"Stop thinking that she's perfect" She answered. "She's not. She's just a person who makes mistakes. Everyone has dark side"

"I know that, Jen" I replied with much calmer tone. "But what if I love her dark side too? Wouldn't that make her perfect?"

"You are fucking stupid, do you know that?"

"I know that one too"

"I swear to God, Roselle," She cut me off while we stepped in the hall as the voices had become louder. "If she plays an ass to you, I'd like to punch her in that fuckface"

I chuckled. It was the first time within these 3 weeks of torture without Melissa, I finally let out a small laugh. Jennie sounded so mean but it was cute at the same time. I started to feel good again as I realised there was somebody else beside Melissa who cared about me. I remembered that I wasn't actually alone.

Stopping, I leaned my walking stick against the metal compartment when I reached my locker.

"I'll go to my pack, do you want to join us?" Jennie asked.

"No thanks, I'll be long with my stuff here" I replied with a smile, thanking Jennie for her invitation.

"Okay then see you in class, I'll save a seat for you"

"Sure, Jen"

"Bye Roselle!"

"It's Ros-"

"ROSELLE!" She shouted as she was running away from me.

I had gave up in correcting her. She wouldn't even bother to listen no matter how hard I tried. But Jennie did manage to make me happy even for a short while. At least I wouldn't be too miserable.

Sighing, I opened my locker door and touched all my books in there. Something was bothering my mind since I had a conversation with Jennie earlier. It was about Melissa who pushed me away, totally ignoring me like she never had feelings for me before. She did it so casually like it didn't bother her even a little.