Chapter 34

She pressed her front against my back, being gentle but quite strong too. She put just the right amount of pressure to acknowledge her presence as her arms now guarding each side of my body, locking them at the wooden counter.

I reached out for one of the small jars, dragging it on the surface and waiting for her to make a sound.

"Yeah, that's the tea" Melissa dragged her voice at the first word, making it sound so lustful near my right ear, which was where her head was rested.

I swallowed my throat when I heard her. There was something attractive about her when she wasn't yelling or shouting. Her deep voice always gave me chills, almost sounding like a smoky layer of grill to compliment its texture. I could say that she sounded so sexually tasty.

"Okay" I responded shortly, sighing as my heart started to pump the blood to my entire body a little bit faster. "You just have one kind of tea?"

I opened a question just to create a conversation with her since Melissa didn't talk much lately after what happened during the press conference. And I was supposed to go back to Sydney yesterday but I didn't have the heart to leave her in this condition.

She did say that she was okay. She even encouraged me to go back to Australia because she felt guilty for keeping me here with her. Melissa might think that she was giving me a hard time in handling her stuff. But I wasn't convinced at all to the thoughts of her being fine without me. Also, it was me who wanted to settle her stuff and feel like a real wife. I truly enjoyed doing things for her as what I was doing now; making a hot tea for her.

I stayed at the her house at the moment since I had always wanted to get inside it. I had always been amazed by its size, admiring the exterior architectural design of her house ever since I was a kid. Even though I went there for Christmas every year with my parents, we never went inside. The celebration was always held at their backyard, which was where a big square feet of green grass complimented its ground. Dad told me it was actually an entire golf field.

I was just a kid at that time with my glasses on just to see better. I used to think how rich Sir Maas was until he had no idea what else to do with his money, so he decided to put a golf field at his backyard?

Now that I was already a grown up, I still asked the same question!

But still, it didn't matter that I just got my chance to finally step inside her house with blind eyes, as long as I got to walk in a place where my dad used to spend more than 20 years of his life in. It was so sentimental to me when I first walked in, with my arm wrapped around Melissa's. Even my eyes watered in an instant tick of time.

I felt the heaviest deep in my heart when I entered Melissa's bedroom. She led me to the balcony where we spent the entire night at, lying on the lounge chair and enjoying the cool, breezy wind together. That balcony was the same place Melissa used to stand at, looking at me during the Christmas celebration.

A 9 year old me couldn't stop lifting my head up just to look at her from the backyard and earn the sweetest, innocent smile of Melissa  Maas from the second floor of that building. I really couldn't recall if there was a time where I brought my eyes to look at her and our eyes didn't meet. They always meet, every single time.

It was like she kept looking at me even though I didn't.

"Should I have different kinds?"

Her deep voice reminded me back about the reason why I was in the pantry at the first place.

"I'm just trying to find out if you have any favourite. I can make that one instead"

"I do. I even have different kinds of tea at home. But for this office, I just want to drink this one"