Chapter 33

The headache was killing me right now, and I was sure it wasn't because of my eye condition. Lisa had been yelling for the past hour in this meeting room, and her high pitched voice made my head throb so bad.

I had been here with her, along with Jongnam too since morning, while other staffs came in and out, and of course they were the victims of Melissa's wrath after she received the bad news.

I arrived in Seoul 3 days ago since my wife couldn't stop whining, begging me to come because she missed me so much. Unfortunately, she was too busy to fly to Sydney either. Since I was the one who had more flexible career, I gave up the argument for her and flew there. I could still write my book any where and any time, that was what Melissa said.

Then I heard a beep sound, guessing she just pressed the button that she always used on the office phone to talk to her staffs.

"Irene?!" She yelled again.

"Yes Ma'am?"

"Where the fuck is Carl?!"

"He's already here, Ma'am. He's probably in the elevator"

"This office is not that big, Irene!"

I widened my eyes as soon as I heard her words. This office wasn't that big? It was a head quarters built on thousands of square feet land with 5 different buildings! Her executive, Carl could be anywhere in this compound when she asked for him.

"I want him in here right now!" She stated and dropped the call straight away.

"Lisa..." I called for her, trying to calm her down.

"Roseanne!" She snapped. "Could you-" She stopped herself, clearing her throat shortly after.

"What Lisa?"

"Could you please sit carefully there? There's a big vase just beside you" She breathed out heavily. "Be careful okay? I love you"

I curled my lips in, holding the urge to laugh. She was definitely about to get mad at me but she changed it at the very last minute, which was a good save.

"Jongnam, please take that vase out before I throw it off the window" She continued the drama with much lower tone, and I felt like my face started to heat up. "Why the hell they put a big ass vase in here anyway? To kill my pretty wife there?"

I lowered my head, massaging my own temples as I let out small laugh. Melissa could be so extra whenever she made mistakes towards me, which sometimes made my plans to get mad at her back always met failures. Because at the end I would end up hugging her or laughing.

Melissa brought herself towards me, finally sitting on the chair after walking and stomping her heels on the floor since she received those phone calls. She sighed loudly as I felt pressure on the table, thinking that she probably had both of her arms there.

"Jongnam, where have you been?" She talked again after I heard different footsteps coming into the room.

"I took out the vase for you, Ma'am"

It was Melissa who laughed this time. I guessed her brain was too messed up at that time as she couldn't even remember what she had said earlier. This could be why people that gone mad didn't even realise what they were saying. The brain and the emotions were not even connected at the first place.

But at least she was laughing, even though it just a small one.

I placed my hand on her thigh, grasping it softly and hoping that it would give her some kind of relief that she needed. Melissa was in a serious trouble due to the on-going mega project for Maas Corps to build a new 21km Incheon bridge had turned into a disaster. She received a call at the early morning, telling that the 30% completed bridge had collapsed.