Chapter 27

I startled from my deep sleep when my phone screamed. My hand roamed to search for it while I was still half asleep, digging with my fingers on something that felt like mattress.

"Like what you touch?"

My eyes shot opened as soon as her voice entered my ears. I recollected myself and realised that I was lying on Melissa's chest. It was her who I had been touching while looking for my phone that was actually on the bed across the room.

I withdrew my hand immediately as I got so embarrassed, listening to her small laugh.

"I'm sorry," I said, trying to get up. "What time is it?"

"9 in the morning" She answered with a soft whimper since I was pushing myself up against her chest. "Where are you going?"

"Bath?"

I felt her arms around me, tightening the hug and making it harder for me to move. I chuckled because I thought she was being playful, probably wanting to tease me. But her grip became stronger, feeling like she intended to crush every single bone I had. It hurt.

"Lisa?" I called her since I was so baffled and anxious at the same time.

I didn't know what was the thing that invited this confusion in my head. Was it because I just got up from sleep and my brain was warming up? Or was it because she was gentle with me couple of hours ago and now she was back being that 'Lisa'?

I kept pushing myself off her since I was on top, so I got a pretty good chance to escape. It would have been a thousand times harder if I was under her. I didn't want to use so much strength anyway, considering that I just woke up. Even my muscles were still sore as I slept in one position without moving. I was still weak and I couldn't think of what triggered her anger.

"Lisa, what's wrong?"

"No, it's you. What's wrong with you?" Her voice changed, which wasn't a good sign at all.

Frowning, I questioned her response that drove me clueless. "Wh-what?"

She let me go, freeing me from the strength she had along her arms but her gesture was abrupt. She even pushed me off, getting up from the sofa bed hurriedly.

"Lisa-"

"I just want a fucking cuddle!" She raised her voice all of the sudden and it surprised me. "You keep wanting to leave the bed"

She could've just asked me. She could've just pulled me back softly like she did when we went to bed last night if she was shy to ask directly. I would definitely cuddle to her. She didn't have to get mad and yell at me because that was the last thing I wanted to wake up to. My morning was already ruined.

I just sat at the edge of the sofa bed, guessing her movements. She probably just grabbed her cellphone since that device was no longer vibrating, followed by her grunts that sounded like she was annoyed with people looking for her. So I took that chance to get up since she was close to me, wrapping my arms around her waist and resting my front on her back.

"Lisa, I'm sorry..."

I said softly as my nose was against her nape, inhaling her scent since she had her hair hanging on the other side of her shoulder. Her perfume didn't smell that strong anymore so it was the closest I got to breathe her skin in. "Let's go back to bed, okay?"

I felt her hands on mine shortly after, gripping when she tried to remove them off her. Her fingers were rough while she moved her shoulders for a few times like she hated to be hugged like that. But I didn't want to give up, yet.

As far as I was getting more scared than before for doing this, I wanted to put it on a test too. Instead of provoking and trying out how far she could go mad, I planned to test how long it would take for her to cool down by pushing myself to the lowest ground.