Chapter 26

I spent another hour to familiarise myself with the whole suite after dinner. I did order a room service just like Melissa asked me to, but with appropriate amount this time since I ate alone. The comfort this hotel offered was beyond imagination, having a master suite that was big enough to fit another wide sofa. I guessed it was a sofa bed, and I had another TV in front of the king sized bed.

I rested on the sofa bed while having my dessert; some assorted fruits and salads. I planned to have them in the living area but I felt alone by its massive space. So I moved to my own master suite and placed the dessert plate on a small table just beside the sofa bed. I also turned on the TV just to create noise because I didn't want the room to be so quiet.

I was thinking about what Melissa might be doing now. Was she still in her secret chamber? Was she still looking at every report on her desk at this hour? Was she sleepy but restrained her eyes? She could just come and sleep here with me if she wanted to since her office was nearer than the big house. I was actually waiting for her, just in case she would show up. I knew it was impossible but again, who knew.

Walking to the kitchen, I cleaned up and hit the bed shortly after because I was really sleepy, feeling like I was done waiting for someone who wouldn't come.

I survived a day with Melissa, and more days to come.

The king bed was so comfy that I didn't realise how fast I dozed off. Or maybe it was because I was really tired from the long flight. I had my comfortable singlet on me that I always wore to sleep in my own bedroom, which was a perfect combination for how to fall asleep faster. A new place would feel much better when I acted like how I would if I was at my own home.

I was woken up by the sound of a thunder. Groaning, I turned my body to face the ceiling and I sighed when I finally realised it was raining. My hand reached to both sides of my temples, massaging them as I started to think about Melissa again. I would always do that whenever it rained. I didn't know how to describe it but rain brought a strange sadness to me.

It reminded me of someone who wasn't with me.

Then I heard something, sounding like a vibration against a table near me. I recognised that kind of sound. It was almost identical to a phone that was put on a vibrate mode. I knew it because Jisoo loved to use that for her phone.

The sound was clearly in this room, close to me to be exact. I had my phone under my pillow, thinking that there was no way it was mine. Then I noticed that the TV was silent. I left it on earlier because I didn't want to feel alone. Somebody must have switched it off when I already asleep I guessed.

I got up from my lying position, rubbing my eyes as I yawned. Letting out a sigh, I left the bed after taking my own time. It was a struggle for me ever since I was a teen. I just loved to sleep and hated to wake up early. I guessed everyone was like that too. Plus, I was really really sleepy at that time. I wouldn't get up if I wasn't that curious.

My steps were slow as they made their way to the source of the sound, hand trailing the bed. When I could no longer feel the mattress, I knew I was going towards the sofa bed at the right side of the room. I kept on following my ears as the vibration was getting louder.

I was right. The sound came from the small table where I had my dessert earlier. So I put my hands at front, walking carefully until my legs met that wooden furniture.

Stopping right away, I roamed my hands on the table surface until I touched a vibrating cell phone. Somebody was calling so many times, sounding like it wouldn't stop any time soon.

But that wasn't my concern. I began to worry to the smell of Melissa's perfume that triggered my sense. So I bent my knees until they met the floor, fingers trailing along the sofa bed frame until I felt a cold hand that was hanging out without energy it in.