537

Even though with the noises from the crowd around us, they didn't bother these two women with me, who were having their conversation so intently. And I couldn't help to chuckle a few times seeing how excited Lisa right now, talking about my next book to my only Chief Editor.

"The promotional is pretty basic"

"Just basic?"

Lisa looked like she wasn't satisfied of what she just heard as her hand kept stirring the slice of lemon in her hot tea, eyes staring at the older woman who was sitting in front of us.

"Yes, like a standard marketing plan for every book we published"

Lisa sighed, placing both of her elbows on the table as her fingers intertwined with each other. "Ms. Kim," Her fists rested just below her nose as she was staring at Jisoo without blinking. "I'm afraid that out of audacity, Roseanne's book is never standard"

My cheeks hurt, forming a smile that I didn't even want to since Jisoo ran her eyes to mine now, looking so nervous as if she was talking to her boss. I never seen her this terrified whenever she talked to Mr. Wilson.

But I totally understood her, this was like the third time she met Lisa in person. The first encounter was definitely when Lisa came to the hotel Jisoo and I were staying in Seoul after we had a big fight in Lisa's office. The second one was when Lisa came to my apartment and had lunch gathering with us all, which Lisa didn't really talk at the table because my mum was with us. It made her uncomfortable.

And only now Jisoo really had her chance to sit down and talk to Lisa, who she could find very intimidating.

I didn't know why Lisa had to talk formal though, sounding like so business oriented even though they were actually talking about business. But she could loose some muscles and be less serious, she was scaring my best friend and I guessed I couldn't hold my laughter any longer when I saw Jisoo's panicked face.

"I believe that Rosé's next book is not going to be standard," Jisoo shot her eyes to me, talking in telepathic way so I would send her some help.

"Yes, Jisoo" I joined in, almost chuckled. "It's not standard, it's going to be big"

"Right," She responded, taking her gaze back to Lisa. "Maybe we can monitor the first 3 months of sale first, then we can go full blast"

Melissa hummed, finally broke her stare as she was looking at her tea. "Maybe is never a favourite word in business, Ms. Kim" She tried to argue again. "Who's the main star in Houghton Mifflin again?"

"Alexandria McKay" Jisoo answered without a doubt.

"What's her standard marketing plan?"

"She doesn't have any, Melissa" Jisoo answered. "Her own name does the job for her"

"Ohh, okay" Lisa looked like she was thinking even harder when she frowned. "What about before her name gets big?"

"Then, she had one"

Lisa smiled when she finally found an empty space for her to use as an opportunity.

"Can Roseanne have the same one?"

"Y-yes" Jisoo answered with hesitation. "That's possible"

While they were busy discussing about marketing plan for my book, which I should listen and give my attention to since it was my book, I couldn't help to keep checking the time around my wrist as Lisa and I were waiting for our boarding time.

We had another 1 hour plus and I was glad Jisoo was here to send us at the airport. At least I got another company to kill the time with instead of just Lisa who couldn't stop touching and asking me if we could make out in the public toilet.