Chapter 37 - EYES MEET

2019 Watty Award and 20k read special 💕
▪️18 June 2019▪️

☢ I shouldn't publish this since the book is already close to be released for sale but I just can't stand reading the comments 😭
I love you guys ☢

I heard noises with one of the senses I frequently used all this while, which was hearing. It started with the closest noise; my own breathing. I never thought it could sound so peaceful before. Maybe it was because I never really took everything about me into account. The other noises were perceptible and obscure, yet I could still acknowledge them; footsteps, trolley wheels rattling, voice chattering.

I moved my neck slightly as I embraced the soft, comforting thing under my head that felt like a pillow. And then a sharp pain infiltrated deep inside my brain, causing me to groan in a debilitated voice.

I began to use my other senses when I tried to mobilise all of my fingers, grasping what was underneath them; soft fabric with a suitable thickness to it while I smelled something like medicine through my nose.

Frowning, I moved my eyeballs in directions I remembered; left to right, up and down as the view was pitch black. My skin felt the coldness that caused me to shiver in a very short amount of time, and I parted my mouth slightly just to allow myself to breathe while my body was doing its job in controlling and transferring enough heat for my comfort.

As I was feeling this dizziness, my heart beat much faster than before since I felt something wasn't right about myself. It was true that I had gotten used to the dark, but it was never this dark before. I used to be able to see lights, shadows, but now I couldn't see anything.

I was in a complete darkness.

Panic entered my bloodstream, carrying the adrenaline with it through every muscle in my flesh while I tried to open my mouth wider, hands pulling the fabric at the same time.

I inhaled deeply through my throat that felt so dry, pressing my tongue against the soft floor of my mouth before I could let out the word.

"Lisa?"

I called that name in the weakest way I had ever been in my entire life. I never felt so different, like I was no longer in charge of my body, feeling almost lifeless. I couldn't even move my entire hands, only fingers that I drained my whole strength just to use them.

"Lisa?" I tried again when I didn't hear her, still trying to move my eyelids but I couldn't, feeling like something was covering them. "I can't see anything"

I cried my heart out, calling for her in this new darkness that I never been in. My consciousness seeked for any sign of my wife in it as if I was dreaming. Was this a dream?

The noises I was listening to, sounded real. The fabric I was holding on to, felt real. The smell I was breathing in, smelled real. This couldn't be a dream.

I moved my neck again, trying to lift my head but I only managed to do a little. So I used everything I got in me as I pressed my throat really hard.

"Lisa?!"

I could hear my own voice now. At least it wasn't as weak as before.

"Rosé!"

Finally someone responded to me, making me feel some sort of relief that I wasn't alone here. Then I was greeted by a strong, eager grip, which later I grasped it with my fingers instead.

"Lisa?"

"She's not here, Rosé"

I stopped my own mouth as soon as I heard a man's voice, replying to me while my brain was adjusting every memory lane that rolled against the wall of my cerebellum.