Chapter 43

30k read special 💕

I kept my eyes opened as they roamed, disregarding this piercing pain that jabbed only by the force of city lights. For most people the lights were just beautiful, but things worked differently for the others like me, who found them dangerous enough to cause harm.

Well, not everything that was beautiful to the eyes, was harmless.

I had known a beauty in my pathetic life; seductive and ethereal to the essence of phantasm and diaphanous torture. A kind of beauty that would dig my skin from the heart and trail it across my chest until it dispersed to my neck just to make me believed that I couldn't breathe.

But that beauty had captivated me, who was gasping in tightening throat, fighting in every muscle and every bone not to glance at it, while it spread its tempting whisper until I had to look up. And the dark mist had taken over me as my eye colour turned into black.

A kind of beauty that was impossible to run away from, so addictive to look at as it continued to whisper a lie that appeared to be truth; I couldn't breathe.

A kind of beauty that offered a help, asking me to open my mouth so I could breathe again. It looked so holy, angelic to my eyes that melted every iron and fence guarding around me until I finally parted my lips for offering holocaust.

A kind of beauty that changed back to its true look when it finally sealed my mouth, promising the air for me to breathe as my eyes now turning into white, only to realise I was actually in the hands of a Medusa.

It breathed through me instead of giving me the air I needed with its powerful dark, burning snakes on its back, taking everything of me into its possession until there was no more darkness in my orbs.

And I died.

That was the beauty I knew, pleasing to the eyes but poisonous to the heart. It gave me hope that it could be tamed, could be changed, could be loved, but it gave me pain that sent me away in this taxi, alone and miserable, weeping.

"You are back?" Jisoo's voice greeted me when I opened the door, entering the hotel suite while she kept her eyes darted at the TV. "That was fast, it's only-" She stopped herself to check on the time around her wrist. "4pm?"

I didn't respond to her as I walked towards the living area, placing my handbag on the dining table before I reached the sofa.

"How was your meeting with Lisa?"

She asked me again before I finally settled beside her, eyes looking at the TV with my arms crossed.

She clicked her tongue with a chuckled. "You guys fighting again?" Jisoo asked with a playful tone. "That's cute"

I didn't make any noise as my vision was empty. I didn't even know what I was looking at since it went through the TV, through the wall behind it even. But one thing for sure I didn't watch the TV at all.

"Is it that bad?" Jisoo let out her curiosity before she finally turned her attention away from the channel she was watching, looking straight at the side of my face. "Holy fuck!"

She exclaimed as she shifted her position, pulling both of her legs of up on the sofa with her body facing me.

"What the fuck happened to your face?!"

I turned my head to her to connect our eyes, and I saw hers widened shortly after.

"Lisa did this?!"

Jisoo looked so mad as no more playfulness in her tone, or a smirk on her face.

"Rosé!" She grabbed my forearm that was entangled with the other one, trying to separate them. "Tell me what happened!"