Eight

Marinette looked at her dress again, before she went to the bathroom and  put it on. She had never really worn a mini dress before, but at least it wasn't as revealing as Chloe's.

A knock came on her door. After she was done putting the dress on, she went and opened it.

"Marinette!" Alya, in her dress, stood at the door. She gasped. "Marinette, you look fantastic!"

"You think?" Marinette sighed and looked down at the dress.

"Yes, I know you look awesome!" Alya giggled. "Come on, let's get heading to the party."

"Alright, just wait." Marinette rushed back to her room, and grabbed her pink purse, before following Alya.

"So, do you have a date?" Alya giggled.

"What?"

"I'm going with Nino. What about you?" Alya repeated.

"Oh, I'm going with Adr-" She quickly stopped herself from saying the name, but Alya wasn't stupid and was able to guess.

"Adrien?"

She slowly nodded.

Alya frowned. "But Chloe is telling everyone that she's going with Adrien," Alya shook her head and folded her arms. "Who's lying now?"

"Oh, come on. You don't actually believe a brat over your best friend, do you?" Marinette chuckled.

"Well, it's just that... Why so you want to go with Adrien? I thought you hated him."

"I'll explain later." Marinette shook it off. She didn't want to say anything about the deal she and Adrien had had.

She followed Alya down the stairs. Soon they parted ways, and Alya went to Nino. Marinette sat down at the bottom of the stairs, waiting for Adrien.

Soon though, someone with high heels on stepped on her finger. She quickly looked up to see Chloe looking down at her with a smirk.

"What are you doing, Mari-Trash?" She snickered. "Sitting down here because you got no one to go with?!"

You would be very surprised, actually.

Marinette decided to ignore everything that had just happened. She didn't want to get into an argument with Chloe now.

"Whatever!" Chloe rolled her eyes. "Now I'm off to my Adri-kins!"

Marinette clenched her fists. Adrien was going with her, right? And not with Chloe, right? Because if Adrien lied to her, it would make her look like a fool.

"But Adri-kins!"

She heard a whine from upstairs, and wasn't sure whether to be happy about it or not.

Then she heard footsteps, and quickly stood up. Chloe had her hands on Adrien, trying to make it look like she was really going with Adrien.

"Don't touch me!" Adrien glared back at her. "I told you! I'm already going with someone else! Deal with it!"

A huge sigh of relief washed over Marinette. She smiled as Adrien walked up to her and took her hands.

"What?!" Chloe was frozen in her spot. It was like she couldn't believe what was happening. "You're going with her?!"

"Yeah."

"And how is she any better than me?!" Chloe was making a scene now. She always did until she got what she wanted, but this time it didn't look like she was getting it now. "It's Mari-Trash we're talking about! A Baker's daughter. But me? I'm the daughter of the Mayor!"

Adrien didn't listen as he pulled Marinette away. He looked annoyed and mad, and if this continue, it would ruin his whole mood.

"How can you do this to me, Adrien?!" Chloe yelled, earning looks from others but didn't care. "Why choose her over me?! You're rich. I'm rich. She's not!"

She gritted her teeth when she saw Adrien wasn't paying attention to her. Then a few fake cries fell out as she walked over to a random girl.

"Can you believe it?!" She wailed. "I was supposed to be going to the party with Adrien, but Marinette has taken him away from me."

"O-oh, what happened?" The girl looked at her and asked.

"Adrien and I..." She sniffed as she tried to wipe her tears away. "Adrien and I have been dating for like three months, but we kept our relationship a secret. Then when Marinette found out, she started trying to take Adrien from me. And she's succeeded."

"Oh, thats terrible."

"I know." Chloe nodded. Now a few others had come to listen to her story. "We loved each other so much, but I don't know what happened. I think Marinette did something to him, because I know he would never betray me like this."

"Do you want us to help you?" Another girl asked. "We can try to kick Marinette out for this kind of behavior of hers. She doesn't deserve to he here if she really did steal your boyfriend!"

Now Chloe's wails turned into a smirk. She turned to the girl, and with a low voice she said;

"Yes please!"

~ Edited ~