Nineteen

Marinette knew she had messed up, but was it really her fault that she didn't want to work together with Adrien? She tried to stop her thoughts on Adrien from running, as she walked back upstairs, Adrien was all she could think about.

Adrien came out of his room and approached her. "If you didn't want to work with me, why sis you just come to me first?" It was clear to him that Marinette hated him, but that much? And now he definitely knew that Marinette liked Nathaniel.

"I just thought that..." Marinette didn't know how to answer his question. "I mean, I don't think you would want to work with me either, after all in our last one, I didn't even trust you. And I just thought it would be better that I worked with... Someone I trusted more."

"You're right!" Adrien clenched his fists in annoyance and anger. "I definitely don't want to work with you now after what you just tried to do. I'm calling quits. You can go work with your Oh-Mr-Perfect-Nathaniel now if you want to. I'll just find a better partner!"

Marinette didn't know why she felt disappointed after hearing that. "And who would you work with? Everyone already got a partner!"

"Isn't Nathaniel working with Marc?" It looked like Adrien really did want to stop working with her. He was trying to find solutions to every problems. "I'll just work with Marc and you can work with Nathaniel."

"But Gabriel already said no!" Marinette didn't know why she suddenly wanted him to stay so badly. Normally she would just agree and go work with Nathaniel.

"That guy is my father. I'm sure he'll agree to let me work with whoever I want!" Adrien replied. "Isn't this what you wanted, Marinette? Do my tell me you're starting to regret now?" He smirked, feeling that he got her.

"No, I'm not regretting!" Marinette exclaimed. "Sure, I'll work with Nathaniel if Gabriel agrees. Good luck on changing his mind!" And as she walked inside her room, leaving Adrien standing there.

He really thought she was going to admit that she was starting to regret it. He actually hoped that Marinette would finally want to work with him, but of course, he shouldn't get his hopes up high. He grumbled some words under his breath, before walking downstairs to his father's office.

Gabriel groaned when another knock on his door came. Can't I just have some alone time? Who and what could it possibly be this time? He got up from his seat and went over to the door, unlocking and opening it, just to find Adrien there.

"Hey, I have a question," Adrien didn't waste any time at all. As soon as the door was opened for him, he got straight to the point. "Can I switch partners?"

Gabriel glared at him. "No!"

"This is important, Dad!" Adrien tried not to talk so loud, but whenever he was annoyed and angry, that was all he ever did. "I have to find another partner. It's not like Marinette wants to work with me anyways!"

"Like I said before, Adrien. No!" Gabriel folded his arms. "Marinette also came here to ask the same thing and I gave her the same answer. Maybe next time you should partner up with the person you feel comfortable with."

Adrien rolled his eyes and started walking away from the office. He admitted, this time this was his fault. If he hadn't approached Marinette that day and asked her to be his partner, none of this would have been happening instead, he would have been working hard with his partner, and he would have the best work done.

When Adrien came back, Marinette was waiting for him. She raised her eyebrows, asking him how it went. Adrien didn't even answer her, and instead he went inside his room, closing his door with full annoyance.