Sixty

'The competition will start in the next 5 minutes. I repeat, the competition will start in the next 5 minutes. Both contestants, please get your outfits ready. The first round is the 'Superheroes Outfits.'

Hearing those words, Marinette finished packing up the last bit of her torn clothes. Right now, she should have been hanging out with her friends; instead she had to clean up a mess some two evil brats did. Yes, she knew who did all this, after all it was quite obvious. I'm just glad they didn't get my actual outfits for the finals.

Marinette stretched, before leaving her room, this time making sure that she locked it. No! I know I locked it the last time. Maybe Ella and Emily weren't working alone because there's no way they'd have the key to my room, so maybe they asked someone else. But who would help them?

Gabriel holds an extra key to every rooms, so that means that person must have broken into his office and stole the key leading to my room. Marinette clenched her fists. The round hadn't even started yet, and trouble was already coming after her.

She opened the door to the room where she had kept her designs. Just right after she had finished making them, she had asked Gabriel if there was another room where she could put her outfits in. Her room had been messy at that time, and she wanted to keep them in a safe place before she cleaned up, so Gabriel agreed and gave her a room. Though, after she finished cleaning up, she decided it was best to just leave the outfits in the other room.

Everyday before the finals came, she checked up on her designs, though she knew nothing could happen to them. Gabriel gave her the key to the room - the only key that could open the door. She had been trusted to keep it safe. It was a good thing the twins didn't find it.

Breathing a sigh of relief, Marinette stared at her outfits for a while, before she started picking up her two superhero outfits. Making sure that no one saw her, especially the twins, she got out of the room, locked it, and started heading for the big room where the round was taking place.

"Hey."

Marinette turned around, then instantly smiled once she saw it was Adrien.

"Good luck."

Marinette walked up to him, pulled him into a small hug, before turning around again. Once she did, she was face to face with the twins. The both of them had a shocked look on their faces, staring at the outfits Marinette was holding, before they quickly recovered and tried to hide their shockness with a smirk.

"What? You surprised your childish little plan didn't work?" Marinette stopped herself from doing a victory laugh, wanting to sound as serious as ever.

The twins didn't reply. Instead they turned around, as if they couldn't open their mouth to talk back at Marinette.

"I knew it!" Marinette heard Ella say. "Nathaniel informed her about our plan, and she had a chance to hide her outfits. He did overhear us, didn't he?"

Marinette rolled her eyes, before entering the room. She bit her lips once she made eye contact with the all people that were already sitting down. Quickly she ran over to the back of the room, a little surprised to see that Nathaniel was already there. "Hey, Nathaniel."

Nathaniel seemed to gulp, looking at the outfits she was holding. When he didn't say anything and just stared, Marinette had a twisted feeling that Nathaniel was also a part of this. Finally Nathaniel cleared his throat, muttered a "hi", and then looked away.

Huh, weird.

"Alright," Gabriel showed up behind them. "Nathaniel, you ready? You're up first."

"Uh yeah, I am," Nathaniel walked past Marinette and out. Marinette looked back, a little confused. Was it just her, or was Nathaniel acting weirder than usual?

- Edited -