Sixty - Four

"Mr. Agreste? What are you still doing here?" Marinette, with the help of Nathalie, rolled her wheelchair over to the door of the office, noticing that Gabriel was there.

"When Gabriel found out you got hurt, he started looking through the cameras to see if he could find anything." Nathalie explained, before looking at Gabriel, who was acting as if he hadn't noticed them there yet. "So, have you found anything yet?"

Gabriel nodded. "Someone definitely pushed you down those stairs and I got it on camera. The problem is. . . That person must have been smart, and covered their face with some kind of a mask. But! I did see a hint of red on their head. Must have been their hair." Gabriel sighed, before standing up. "Alright Marinette, let's head over. Nathaniel is going on in any minute now."

Marinette nodded and followed Gabriel, Nathalie behind her. They got backstage, seeing that Nathaniel had been waiting. He looked up and smiled to see Marinette okay.

"You good?"

Marinette tried not to look away, giving him a small nod. Gabriel said he saw a hint of red hair. Sure, Nathaniel isn't the only one here with red hair, but what's the possibility that someone from the audience would want to hurt me. It was obviously Nathaniel!

"That's good. It's a bummer you have to be in a wheelchair now," Nathaniel gave a pitiful smile, before turning away and grabbing his outfits.

Gabriel was already on the stage, introducing Nathaniel to the stage.

It's a good think we don't have to say anything. All we do is show our outfits a d get off the stage. Marinette breathed in a large amount of air, before rolling over to where her outfits had been placed. One by one she placed then carefully on the table, staring at them.

"Nathaniel is starting," Nathalie said behind her, looking out at the stage where Nathaniel stood, presenting his first female outfit.

"You wanna watch him?"

Marinette didn't think about it. She wanted to watch to see what she was up against. Slowly she rolled over to where Nathalie stood and peered over at the stage, where Nathaniel just presented his second female outfit.