Fifty - Eight

"GO, MARINETTE, GO!!"

"You Got This, Marinette!"

"I Support U. GO MARINETTE!!"

All around as Marinette walked, she could see some of her schoolmates walking inside the building, patting her on the back. Some of the boys, including Marc and Daniel, had ran over to Nathaniel and got engaged in a conversation with him. Marinette could hear them shouting out supporting words towards their friend, and the more she heard, the more she couldn't wait to see her friends.

The building was crowded with people walking up and down, to and fro, in and out. Marinette decided to wait for her friends at the front door, where Gabriel was, welcoming the guests in. The first person she knew well walked in. Chloe.

Chloe was trying to hide behind her father's back, but everyone were able to see what she was holding, and what was written on it, especially with the way Audrey was glaring at her daughter to stop hiding. Marinette, herself, was just as surprised as the others.

"C-Chloe?" She could hardly believe it. On the poster Chloe was holding, it said, "MARINETTE FOR THE WIN. I SUPPORT YOU!! P.s. sorry about how much of a brat I was to you" in black marker. Marinette opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out. Seeing the way Chloe's face was shaped, Marinette could tell the blonde didn't mean a single word.

Audrey must have noticed, because she turned to Chloe with another glare and grabbed her cheek. "Smile!" She ordered. At first Chloe rolled her eyes, not wanting to do what her mother had just told her, but when Audrey grabbed her cheek for the third time, she gave up and gave a fake smile.

"Chloe?"

Marinette, Chloe and her parents turned to the voice. Chloe gulped once she saw Ella and Emily, standing in front of a man and a woman, who were most likely their parents. Once Chloe had turned around to look at them, Ella and Emily had immediately burst out laughing.

"You? Voting for Marinette?" Emily stopped laughing, but had a smirk on her face. "That's weird. I thought you hated her, after all you did try your best to get her eliminated, didn't you?"

Audrey placed a hand on Chloe's shoulder. "Well, I can assure you that Chloe will never be the way she was before. After this, I'm making her apologize to everyone she ever tormented," then she turned to Marinette, "starting with you."

"It's okay," Marinette could just see how embarrassed Chloe was, and so did Ella and Emily because they couldn't stop giggling at the blonde's red face. "Chloe really didn't do much. In fact, during this competition, Chloe was really helpful towards me."

"Oh, Marinette. I know how kind-hearted you are, but you don't have to lie for Chloe," Audrey replied. "She'll surely learn from her mistakes."

"But I'm being serious. In fact, those pesky twins over there were the real trouble, and Chloe helped me take them out."

Before Audrey could speak up again, the woman standing behind the twins, who had their smiles turned upside down, spoke. "Excuse me, but you have no right to speak of my daughters like that. Okay, they tried to eliminate you, but they told me they only did that because you tried to frame them up-"

"-That's not true!" Chloe snapped, surprising Marinette. "Those daughters of yours are absolutely liars. We didn't do anything to them; they came to us first. From stealing our stuff, bullying, to trying to make us look like cheaters. Okay I admit it, I was doing that too, but your daughters did way worse." Chloe started walking towards them, dropping the poster she was holding. "Because of these two, my friend got hurt, got her disqualified even though she didn't deserve it, and trust me. . . The Bourgeois family will make you pay!!"

Chloe then started walking away, forgetting the poster and that she didn't come alone. Audrey picked up the poster, and both she and Andre started running after their daughter.

Once the three of them were out of sight, the twins turned to Marinette again, this time with a more devilish smirk. But they didn't say anything, and instead they walked away too, leaving their parents to run after them.

~ Edited ~