Ten

"You know, now that I think about it," Adrien said with a smirk, "if you had kissed me on the lips, Chloe would have been convinced even more-"

"Any more of that flirting, and I'll be leaving!" Marinette warned.

Adrien chuckled, finding this whole thing quite amusing. "Says the one who's sitting on my lap."

"Wha-" Marinette quickly jumped off his lap that she didn't realize she was sitting on. She cleared her throat, a little embarrassed, while Adrien laughed his head off. "I'll go and hang out with Alya instead. You're no fun!"

"Oh really, you sure about that?" Adrien quickly stood up and grabbed her waist. "Cause I can show you 'fun'"

Marinette looked away, a little embarrassed at how close Adrien was to her. At a distance, Alya was giving her the thumbs up, making Marinette regret ever wanting to hang out with her. If she went to Alya, Alya was obviously going to ask her questions about Adrien, and that's the last thing she wanted.

"I'd like to pass out on the offer!" Marinette gave Adrien one of her fake sweet smile.

"What did you think I meant by 'fun'?" Adrien smirked. "I mean, if Alya asked you to have fun with her, what would you think she was talking about?"

Marinette clenched her fists as people crowded around them, going 'ooooh' and 'ahhhh'. It annoyed her. It annoyed her that Adrien was embarrassing her in front of everyone.

"Everyone already knows what she wants!" A girl called out. Marinette realzed it was the same girl that had talked to her a few moments ago. What was her name again? The girl continued as she folded her arms. "As I was talking to Marinette, she was telling me on how she was planning to get together with Adrien for his money. She said she also wanted to win the competetion, and the only way to do that was get together with Adrien."

"WHAT?!" Marinette couldn't believe it, and here she thought this girl was a good person. "I never said that. Why would I say that?!"

"Then why did you come with him to the party?" The girl asked as she walked up to Marinette. "We all know you always ignore him at school. Right,I go to the same school as you. I always saw the way you rejected him, so why with him now?"

"Because-" Then she stopped. Could she really tell everyone that she came to the party with Adrien so Chloe could piss off? In the corner of her eyes, she saw Adrien shaking his head, obviously not wanting to have everyone know.

"Well...?" The girl looked around. "We're all waiting for your answer!"

"She was forced to!"

Everyone all turned at the voice.

Adrien? He's helping me? But why though?

"She was forced to?... How?"

"Well, I'm glad you asked," Adrien took a seat. "See, we got this huge... Project where me and Marinette have to work together. My father suggested that we go to the party together, and we couldn't say no."

People were now nodding their heads at the answer. Chloe in the background was smiling widely. Adrien just admitted that he and Marinette weren't on a date here, which made her feel better. She still had a chance.

"But... Chloe told us that..." Another girl pointed at Chloe, and Chloe shook her head not to tell everyone. "...Marinette stole Adrien away from her. Can you explain that?!"

"What...?" Adrien looked up, sending Chloe a gare.

"Yeah, Chloe told us you two were dating, but then Marinette came and stole him away from her."

Adrien stood up. "That's not true! Chloe was obviously lying. How could you brats believe her?! Listen, I got nothing to do with Chloe, and I never will!" Adrien, pissed off, started leaving. Marinette could do nothing at the moment but follow him.

Everyone all turned to Chloe, spouting words at her.

"Liar!"

"Fake!"

"Jealous!"

Marinette finally caught up with Adrien and grabbed his arms. "Hey, don't you think what you said were kinda a bit harsh?"

"What do you mean?! She lied about you and you're worried about her?" Adrien rolled his eyes. "You're weird."

"Chloe and I may not be on good terms, but now you've basically ruined her reputation. Everyone's going to hate her, she's going to report to her father, then what if the Mayor decides to stop working together with your father?"

"Oh now I see." Adrien turned to her. "You're only worried about my father."

"Psh, don't say it like that!"

"Like what? All I did was state the fact. And besides, the Mayor isn't going to stop working with my father so you can stop worrying now."

"Fine." Marinette grabbed his arms. "But come on, lets go back in."

--------

The author decided to make Marinette forget the girl's name because the author also forgot the girl's name.