Twenty - Two

Marinette looked down at the pants she was wearing. Now that she thought about it, Adrien was really right; the design she had created on the pant was really nice and creative.

A sudden feeling got to her as she brought her mind over to Adrien. Shaking her head, she headed out her room and knocked on Adrien's door. She needed to see if he was ready, and if he was okay, after all they were going to the party together.

Adrien opened the door, wearing the shirt he and Marinette had created. He has a little smile on his lips when he saw it was Marinette. Suddenly all the arguments they ever had just disappeared from their heads.

"Are... Are you ready?" Marinette looked straight at his face, deciding to start with that question first. Adrien nodded and stepped out of his room.

He then suddenly remembered about yesterday, and he turned to face Marinette. "I... I sent you a text yesterday. Did you get it?"

Marinette's head was flashed back at the text Adrien had sent her.

A - I'm sorry.

Marinette nodded. "Yeah, I got it, and I'm... I'm also sorry. I realized I haven't been fair to you. It was my fault from the beginning. You have every right to hate me, Adrien."

Adrien smiled. "Do you think... That there's at least a chance that we can be friends now?" Marinette thought about it, before she nodded her head.

Suddenly Chloe and Nathaniel were walking up the stairs towards them. Adrien had a bad feeling about this as soon as he saw Nathaniel. Marinette looked surprised to see him, but overall, she had a smile on her face again.

"What are you two doing here?" Adrien folded his arms. All he wanted was to go to the party with Marinette, and only Marinette. Why couldn't these two just understand that?!

"I talked with Gabriel and he told me that partners don't have to go to the party together," Nathaniel explained. "So, I'm here to ask Marinette to go to the party with me."

"And if Marinette agrees to go with Nathaniel," Chloe continued with a smirk, "then I get to go with Adrien, since he would have nobody else."

Adrien balled his hands into fists. Why we're these two always here to ruin his chances with Marinette?! What if Marinette actually agreed to go? He couldn't stand here and watch her leave with another boy.

"Actually, Marinette and I already plans, so no!" He glared at them, specifically at Nathaniel, who looked back at Marinette, confused.

"Oh really?" Nathaniel asked Marinette. "Is that true, Marinette?"

Marinette looked down at the floor. She and Adrien has just started to become friends. If she agreed to go with Nathaniel, Adrien would probably start to get upset with her all over again for some reason.

"Actually Nathaniel," She looked back up, "Adrien is right. We do have something... planned."

Chloe was surprised that Marinette refused. She was actually holding unto the hold that Marinette may like Nathaniel, but now she could obviously see that Marinette liked Adrien. She turned around with an annoyed look. "Whatever, Marinette. You're making a huge mistake!" She muttered, before trotting off. Nathaniel nodded at Marinette and started walking away as well.

Marinette folded her arms and turned to Adrien. "Well, now lets hope that you've got something planned!" She smirked at Adrien.

Adrien still looked confused. "Why... Why did you do that? I actually thought that you wanted to go with Nathaniel... Was I wrong?"

"Yeah," Marinette nodded. "You asked me if I liked Nathaniel... I didn't answer because I wasn't so sure yet, but now... I think the answer is no," especially since I'm friends with you now; I keep getting this feeling, she added silently to herself.

"Well... Thanks," Adrien wasn't sure in what else to say besides that.

Marinette took out her arm. "Well, shall we?" Adrien nodded and clinged his arm around Marinette's. "We shall," He replied before the two set off to the party.

~~~

So... I was bored and decided to make two more covers for this book. I sucked at them, but take a look and decide...

The first option?

The first option?

The second option?

The second option?

Or should I keep the cover the same?