Forty - Eight

Marinette and Nicole were walking and talking when they caught Nino and Alya. Marinette quickly called them over, waving her arms wildly like a little child for them to notice her. Once they did, they started walking over to them.

"Oh Marinette, it's so good to see you," Alya quickly pulled Marinette into a hug. When she pulled away from the hug, she turned to Nicole. "And who's your friend?"

"Guys, this is Nicole," Marinette introduced. "And Nicole, this is Alya and Nino."

"I know," Nicole nodded. "I remember them from the competition. I-I mean, I'm not trying to remind you guys of what happened. I just-"

"It's cool," Nino shrugged. "You guys wanna go for ice cream?"

"I. . . Well, Nicole and I already had ice cream, but sure. More ice cream for us," Marinette laughed and both she and Nicole followed the two couple over to the ice cream stand.

When they got their ice creams, they found a place to sit and hangout. Alya didn't waste any time at all, and asked the two girls what they were doing outside of Gabriel.

"There are four boys and just us two girls left. The boys are going to be competing against each other, and two of them will be getting eliminated," Nicole explained. "We girls were given a break while the boys work their butts off."

"Oh wow. Sounds so tough. Is Adrien still-?"

"Of course you would ask about Adrien, Alya!" Marinette rolled her eyes, earning a laugh from Alya. "And yes, he's still around." She inhaled and exhaled as soon as she said that. "He's going to be competing against the other three boys and I'm kinda nervous for him."

"You want him to make it?" Alya grinned, and Marinette nodded. "How far have you and Adrien gotten?"

"What's that supposed to mean?!" Marinette looked the other way with a blush, remembering the two kisses she and Adrien had shared. Remembering that got her to remember that she wasn't supposed to be in the competition anymore, because she had practically broken a rule. But what Gabriel didn't know wouldn't hurt him, right? Still, she felt like a big cheater.

Nicole also turned away when Alya started teasing Marinette about Adrien. When Marinette looked at her, she realized Nicole suddenly looked uncomfortable. There was just this look on her face that looked so guilty.

"You okay?"

"Huh?" Nicole looked over at her. "Oh yeah, I'm good."

Marinette was about to call her out, telling her that her face didn't look okay, but she pushed it aside seeing that Nicole didn't look like she wanted to talk about it, no matter how bad it bothered Marinette.

Just hope her problem isn't that big.

~~~

Back at Gabriel, Adrien was taking a break from the design he was making. The boys were assigned to create a hat, any type, and they were given only 2 days to complete it.

Though he was glad that nobody was interrupting him, at the same time, he wished Marinette would just come in to hang out with him. After the whole Chloe thing, they hadn't really talked that much, but the signs Marinette gave him showed him that she wasn't mad anymore.

He turned back to the cap design he was making. Right now the cap was still white, no designs added, but he was going to do that later on.

Nino would have really loved this round. He would have won this round, after all he loves caps. He sighed as he patted his pillow. Right now he was all alone; his best friend was disqualified and Marinette was away, hanging out with the other girl. He never knew it would come down to this moment.

Alright, let's win this . He stood up and walked over to his cap, picking it up and looking back down at his sketchbook which had the design for his cap. Let's win this for Marinette.

~ Edited ~