Sixty - Seven

"And that's what happened."

Gabriel looked at Chloe with a small frown on his face as he thought about what she had just told him. "So let me get this straight. The person that pushed Marinette off those stairs was a different redhead, and that person thought that Marinette was a different person?"

"Yeah," Chloe nodded again. "A while ago, I overheard these two friends arguing over something that sounded really important. One of them was this redhead girl and the other was another girl that had recently dyed her hair the same colour as Marinette's hair. I'm sorry I said it was Nathaniel. I was just so mad at him for picking on me while he was presenting his outfits that I immediately pointed fingers at him."

"Well, thank you for your honesty, Chloe. I really appreciate that." Gabriel placed his pencil down and turned to Marinette and Nathaniel. "I guess this means Nathaniel is safe to stay. You both better be prepared. Nathalie and a few of my other helpers have counted all the votes and the results are in. Five minutes!"

Marinette nodded and followed Adrien out. She was still a bit confused at what had just happened. How could Chloe had mistaken a girl for Nathaniel?!

"Chloe was lying."

It was as if Adrien had just read her mind due to his sudden words. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"When I went to get a drink, Chloe confessed everything to me. She said she would make up another story so Nathaniel wouldn't get disqualified because it wasn't his fault."

"So. . ." Marinette scratched her head. "Who really pushed me down the stairs?"

Adrien looked at Marinette for a few seconds before looking away again. "Chloe did."

--------

"We have all gathered here once again to hear what the final results are," Gabriel spoke as loud as he could on the stage. "You all have voted a winner for each of the outfits designed by Marinette and Nathaniel. We have calculated the votes and come to the result of the final winner." Gabriel then turned to Nathalie for her to take over.

Nathalie began. She turned the screen on the wall on and words started forming on the screen.

Hero Outfit #1:
Votes:
Nathaniel - 497
Marinette - 488

Hero Outfit #2:
Votes:
Nathaniel - 470
Marinette - 500

(Fe)male Outfit #1:
Votes:
Nathaniel - 475
Marinette - 473

(Fe)male Outfit #2:
Votes:
Nathaniel - 473
Marinette - 473

(Fe)male Outfit #3:
Votes:
Nathaniel - 490
Marinette - 504

Total Amount of Votes:
Nathaniel - 2,405
Marinette - 2,438

Gabriel took the mic again as a wide smile spread over his face. "I now declare Marinette winner of the competition!"

And the next thing Marinette heard was the loud cheers of the audience.