Sixty - Nine

Adrien had a red face as he approached the bakery, chocolate in one hand and favorite flowers of Marinette's in the other hand. He looked back at the limo, where Gorilla, Nathalie, Alya and Nino were sitting, giving him thumbs up behind the glass windows. He turned back to the door, before holding the chocolate box with the other hand and knocking on the door with his free hand.

Sabine answered, smiled widely when she saw it was Adrien. "Well hello, dear. Are you looking for Marinette?" Sabine then let out a sign. "Did you tell her you were coming? Because right now, she's dozing off on her bed."

"No, I didn't tell her. I kinda wanted it to be a surprise," Adrien shrugged a little. "Plus. . . It's 2pm. What is she still doing in bed?!"

Sabrina shrugged back. "I'll call her. Wait here." Sabine headed back inside and started calling for Marinette. She heard a tired voice answer, and soon Marinette was climbing down the ladder in the slowest way possible. "Marinette!" Sabrina exclaimed. She then let out a smirk. "You might want to get ready. You don't want to go out the door looking like that, do you?"

"What?" Marinette opened one eye to look at her mother. Once she saw the look on Sabine's face, Marinette's heart started pounding. "Is he here?!" She didn't wait for her mother to answer as she quickly started heading back to her room. Sabrina had never seen anyone climb a ladder so fast.

Marinette hurriedly got ready. Wait. . . Why did her mother tell her to get ready? After getting dressed in a dress Alya had given her last week, Marinette walked over to her calendar, and seeing what the date was made her gasp in both horror and excitement.

February 14th! How could I sleep so late on this day?! Argh!

Grabbing her purse that held her phone inside, Marinette started making her way downstairs again. Down there, Sabine was waiting for her with a pair of heels. Marinette smiled gratefully at her mother while she took the heels. "Thank you." Sabina nodded back, watching as her daughter put the heels on.

When she was all ready, Marinette looked in the mirror one final time, before rushing her way over to the door in the calmest way possible. She opened the door, clasped her hand against her mouth to prevent herself from screaming so loud from excitement. Seeing Adrien standing there, looking as handsome as ever with the flowers and chocolate, made her heart beat faster. In a good way.

"Aww, Adrien. . . I'm so sorry I didn't wake up earlier." She apologized as Adrien handed her the flowers.

"So? Seeing you was worth the wait."

Marinette blushed at the words, before taking Adrien's hand, and Adrien started leading her away from the bakery.

"So. . ." Adrien looked back at her. "Are you ready to have the best date ever?"

"I was born ready!" Marinette exclaimed, before planting a kiss on his cheeks. "Lead the way, Adrien."

🌸🌺🌸🌺🌸🌺🌸🌺🌸🌺🌸🌺🌸🌺

•[HAPPY VALENTINES DAY]•
❣❤❣