Forty - Four

I'm not an idiot.

Marinette knocked on the door, and soon after Adrien opened. He looked surprised to see her, but then a huge smile spread across his face.

"H-hey. Hi."

Marinette didn't greet him back. "Can I come in? We need to talk!"

"Oh yeah sure. Um. . . There's another guest in here though," It seemed to be a warning to Marinette when he said that. But he opened the door wider anyway and let her in.

Marinette gasped, then rolled her eyes. "Oh, I should have known it was you here, Chloe."

"Oh, hey Marinette," Chloe seemed to give her a hidden smirk before continuing. "What are you doing here?" The look she was giving Marinette seemed to say, "Shouldn't you be in your room, crying?"

"I just wanted to talk to Adrien. He agreed that we were going to hang out at the next party," Marinette turned to him. "Right, Adrien?"

"Uh. . ."

"No actually, Adrien agreed to go with me to the next party," Chloe blurted out. "Right, Adrien?"

"Adrien, there's no need to answer that question," Marinette stopped him from talking. "Actually, it's a good thing you're here as well, Chloe. I wanted to talk to you and Adrien."

She got closer to Chloe and whispered in her ear, "did you seriously think I believed that recording. Sorry Chloe, but I'm not as stupid as you are. You should have thought this through!"

Marinette leaned away from her. I'm experienced with these type of girls, after all it just seems like they're coming from left and right. She then let her wide smile appear on her face. "So Adrien, Chloe. . . Where are you two going for your date?"

"W-what?" Adrien frowned. "Marinette, I think you misunderstood. Chloe and I aren't going out. We're just friends. And she promised she wouldn't do anything."

And you believed her? You know, Adrien, sometimes you can be smart. But other times, you can be absolutely stupid and oblivious about the things going on around you!

"Really?" Marinette held up her phone. "Then how come Chloe texted me that you two were going out?"

"She. . . She wouldn't."

"I didn't!" Chloe stood up. "I didn't send her any message saying that we were going out. All I did was-"

Chloe was interrupted when Marinette pressed the play button. She stood quiet as Adrien listened to the recording.

"That's not!. . . That's not how the conversation went! Chloe only asked to hang out and I said sure. We weren't ever going out!" Adrien sent a glare towards the blonde. "You wouldn't try anything, huh? What's this?! What is wrong with you?!"

Marinette smirked as she pressed the pause button. She then let on an Innocent look as she turned back to Chloe. "You were lying? Chloe, you must really not care about the friendship between you and your Adri-honey."

Chloe fished out her phone as well. "Alright I admit it. I did it, but I have a reason. Adrien, Marinette doesn't care about you at all. She's just using you to win the competition. Plus, she already has another lover!"

Marinette rolled her eyes as Chloe did some work on her phone. She turned to Adrien, who had a huge frown on his face. "Hey. I didn't believe the recording Chloe sent me. Now it's time to see how much trust you actually have in me."

"Oh we'll see about that!" Chloe showed the screen on her phone. On it was a picture of Marinette with another totally different guy. They looked close. . . Too close to Adrien. But Marinette knew better.

"Chloe, it seems like your photo-shopping skill has improved. Where did you even get the picture of that unknown guy? You made everything look so legit." Marinette laughed to herself. "What's the guy's name supposed to be? Do you even know him?"

I swear, the person who came up with photo-shopping pictures is not nice!

"Chloe, why don't you actually focus on what you came here for. This is all childish, what you're doing. I kinda have a feeling that you didn't come here to win, but you came to win Adrien over," Marinette folded her arms as she continued, turning way serious than the last time. "It's stupid to do this. Why don't you do it the normal way?! Besides, like I asked before, if you get rid of me. . .If you manage to get Adrien to hate me, what next? How are you so sure that Adrien would love you back?!"

She opened the door to leave. "I'm done with all these childishness. I'm just going to block you so you wouldn't send me any more crap. You act as if I care!" Marinette left the room to head over to hers.

Immediately after she left, the door opened again and Chloe ran out, running down the stairs. She then tripped over the stairs and landed on her stomach at the bottom.

Marinette laughed to herself and headed inside her room.

- Edited -