Thirty - Three

"Did you find them?"

Chloe and Lydia walked back to the crowd, confused. Slowly they both nodded.

"So, this was a false alarm?" Gabriel groaned. "Next time, it better be something good." He started walking off, others going back to what they were doing.

"I don't understand," Lydia whispered over to Chloe. "How did our stuff get back in our rooms?"

"It was me!" Nathaniel walked up to them. "I saw you girls sneaking in Marinette's room, and realized what you both were planning on doing."

"Nathaniel?!"

"I couldn't let you get to Marinette like that. She got here fair and square, and she hasn't pulled a single stunt on any of you!" Nathaniel growled. "What makes you have the gut to turn into scheming girls?! Why do you have to get Marinette disqualified?! Why can't you just win on your own?!"

Chloe and Lydia clenched their fists.

"You should be glad I didn't expose any of you," Nathaniel turned back. "It would have really been the end of you. But I'm warning the both of you; you try anything else like this and I will really expose your lies out to everyone."

"Come on, let it go," Chloe chuckled. "It was just a prank we were pulling on Marinette. We didn't want her to get disqualified."

"Yeah, nice lie," Nathaniel tried to mimick Lydia's voice, before he laughed and walked off.

------

"Ugh, finally done!" Marinette heaved a huge sigh of relief as she closed her sketchbook and put it back to its place. Now, time to start the design!

Before she could start after getting all her materials ready, Adrien suddenly walked inside her room.

"I guess your parents didn't teach you how to knock, huh?" Marinette turned and glared at him.

"I... Sorry about that. I just wanted to ask you if we should leave at 4 or 5:30," Adrien spoke.

"What? Leave to where?"

"Marinette, have you forgotten or what?" Adrien frowned at her. "Our... Date?"

"Oh," Marinette gasped. "I sort of did forget, but em... Adrien, maybe we can postpone it..."

"Why?"

"How about after this round, and at the next party. We could go then." Marinette suggested with guilt. "I got caught up with a ton of work and..."

"I knew this would happen," Adrien huffed and started heading for the door.

"Adrien, I promise!" Marinette yelled after him as he left the room. "At the party!"

She wasn't exactly sure if he heard or got what she was trying to say, but she sighed and shrugged it off. She walked up to her door to close it, only to find another boy there.

"Nathaniel, what's up? I'm kinda busy now," Marinette groaned silently to herself. "Oh, and by the way, thanks for your help with Chloe and Lydia today. I must have left to my room in anger that I forgot to tell you."

"It's fine," Nathaniel shook it off. "I kind of overheard you and Adrien. So, you two are... Dating now?"

"Oh I..." Don't mess this up, Marinette. Who knows, Adrien could be listening now. "Yeah, we... We are. I mean, we haven't really went yet, but we're going to soon... At the party."

"I... That's nice to hear, I guess." Nathaniel turned around. "Sorry for wasting your time, I just wanted to make sure."

"Nathaniel, one day you'll find a better girl," Marinette gave him a little smile to show that she meant it. "I'm just... Not that girl." She then walked inside, closing her door.

She took a deep breath and returned back to her work; the jumpsuit she was supposed to make.

Hopefully I don't get anymore distractions soon. I'm really tired of them all!

~ Edited ~