Sixty - Three

When her eyes starting opening, the first thing she felt was the pain coming from her back. And then there was the pain from her hands and legs.

"Marinette, don't move."

Marinette heard the voice but was unsuccessful at trying to figure out who it was. She didn't bother trying to look to the side to see, her neck hurt as well.

"What. . . What happened?" She was able to mutter out a question.

"Someone must have pushed you down the stairs," The voice came up again. "Nathaniel was the one to find you first and report to me about it. He said that when he got there, the pusher already left, and you had already fallen to the bottom."

Nathaniel? Marinette bit her lower lip. Was she a bad person for thinking Nathaniel had done it in the first place? To think that Nathaniel had gotten mad, had gotten threatened because he could he reported to Gabriel, and pushed her down the stairs.

It's still possible that Nathaniel did it. He must have faked finding me to look like the good guy. Maybe be wasn't the one who pushed me, but he must have known I was going to get pushed and came over straight away.

"Wait- Where am I?"

"You're in Gabriel's small personal hospital that happens to be inside of his company, Gabriel. The nurse has already checked up on you." Now Marinette turned a little to see who she had been talking to. "I'm Nathalie. Gabriel's personal assistant."

"Hi." After saying that one word, a sudden realization hit her so hard. "The competition!"

"Don't worry. Because of what happened, Gabriel gave you more time," Nathalie answered. "You seem to be better now. The presentation starts in five minutes. Think you can be able to do it?"

"It's okay. I just-"

"I can even get you a wheelchair for you to use in the presentation so you wouldn't have you walk a lot on the stage," Nathalie suggested. "You're lucky. For this round, you don't have to explain your outfits, you just have you show them. You won't be on the stage for that long.

" Or actually you will be. Because the reporters will ask questions and you're required to stay on the stage. So, I'll ask you one more time. Would you like your drop out or would you like to do this with a wheelchair. I can tell your legs hurt a lot."

"Drop out?! After everything I've done, everything I've been through!"

"It was just a suggestion."

"Fine! I'll take the wheelchair."

"Then it's settled. Because of what happened, Gabriel decided to have Nathaniel go first. He'll up in about three minutes now. You might want to start getting ready now."

"Thank you. Your so kind." For the first time inside the small "hospital" (It wasn't a hospital, it was just a small nurse room), Marinette gave a real smile.

"Oh and Marinette?" Nathalie turned back around, remembering something. "Don't worry. We'll find the person who did this and male sure he pays for it."

Marinette nodded, muttering another thank you. She knew finding the pusher would be easy. But now she wasn't even sure if she knew who it was anymore.

- not edited -