Fifteen

-2 hours later-

Marinette had her fingers crossed as she sat down with the rest of the others. Gabriel wasted no time at all and announced the ones that were getting eliminated.

"Emma and Hope!" Gabriel yelled out loud. The two girls that were being called out widened their eyes in shock.

"Your shirt had the word 'NO' on it, and then more tiny 'no's were around it. I found it a little too...boring!"

Emma and Hope begged to stay, but they were quickly kicked out of the building. Gabriel wiped sweat off his forehead. "Geez. You all can go now. Hang out, do whatever. Tomorrow I'll announce the next design we're making."

Although Marinette felt bad for the two girls, she was glad it wasn't her. Quickly signing a huge sigh of relief, she started walking out of the room.

"Adrien, may I speak with you in my room?!" Gabriel folded his arms, and waited for Adrien to come over.

"Sure." Adrien walked behind his father until they got to his room.

"Great," Gabriel closed the door. "You have a lot of explaining to do, Adrien Agreste!"

"What?" Adrien frowned, folding his arms and waiting for his father to continue.

"I don't know if you've noticed, but Marinette has been disturbed because of you, and you're getting distracted by her," Gabriel glared at him. "This show was for making designs and trying to win, not trying to make a girl fall for you."

Adrien widened his eyes. "What?"

"Oh please. You think I haven't noticed. You're ignoring Chloe on purpose and always trying to find a way to be with Marinette. Not that I'm angry that you've finally found a girl you like, but I'm angry because that girl doesn't like you, yet you keep trying and disturbing her! Marinette is trying her hardest to win this competition, but if you stand in her way, she might lose. It's like you're only here for fun, but this is important-"

"Are you done your lecturing?!" Adrien glared back.

"Whatever," Gabriel rolled his eyes. "Get out of my room!"

"Gladly," Adrien stood up and headed for the door.

"Adrien," Gabriel stopped him once again. "I made that last rule because of you. If you really want her to like you maybe you should try impressing her, instead of bothering her."

Adrien sighed and left the room. His eyes wandered around the room, trying to find someone fun to hang out with. Then his eyes landed on Nathaniel and Marinette.

"I just wanted to say that your shirt looked amazing," Marinette was saying when Adrien got closer to them. She frowned at him before fixing her eyes on Nathaniel again.

"Thanks. I was surprised that you were working with... Adrien, Actually I still am. But why?" Nathaniel obviously didn't know Adrien was right behind him, since his eyes were only on Marinette.

"I..." Nathaniel wasn't the first person to ask her this. "I had no one else to work with. Alya was already working with someone else, and Adrien was the only one left to work with."

Adrien clenched his fists and started walking away, Nathaniel noticing him this time. Of course, Marinette had never wanted to work with him. She didn't even have enough trust in him to made a stupid design. Why did he even have to keep trying?

"Well, your answer made sense," Nathaniel wasn't exactly sure what was going on; why Adrien had been behind him and walked away when Marinette answered his question. "At first I thought it was because you know... I thought you two were together."

Adrien, not very far away because he had been walking slow, stopped. He waited to hear what Marinette would say, but Marinette was quick to deny it. She didn't want to be mistaken, and whatever reason she had, Adrien still felt hurt, even though he knew he shouldn't.

''Oh please. Adrien and I aren't even friends. Where would you get such thought?"

That stung.

''Well, okay if you say so,'' Nathaniel chuckled, and Adrien started walking forward again, not ever trying to listen to their conversation anymore. Gabriel was right; Marinette didn't like him.

And she probably never will.