Flara (Riku's POV)

"Well," Flara started.

She was about to speak again when all of a sudden, someone appeared behind her.

"Look out!" I pushed her aside and took the hit.

Someone had tried to plunge a knife into her. 

I groaned in pain. Blood trickled down my shoulder.

"I thought you were dead," Flara said to the man.

"I can't die," he said with a twisted smirk.

Flara took out a knife and stabbed the man. He just kept laughing.

"You won't get rid of me that easily!" He laughed and lunged at her, knocking furniture over in the process.

That was when I got a good glimpse of his face. He was that psycho doctor from the hospital! The one who attacked her!

My wounds closed up, and I rushed towards Flara to protect her.

He took out a giant knife in another attempt to stab her. I blocked it with my arms.

"Riku!" she screamed.

"It's okay. I'm fine!" She watched in horror as my wounds closed up all by themselves. Shit she saw!

The guy kept on laughing. He didn't stop. It was starting to creep me out.

Flara took out her gun.

"Shut up already!" She shot three bullets. Each one hitting his chest, head, and arm.

He coughed out blood, of course, he was still laughing.

She shot three more bullets. He finally collapsed onto the floor. And he was still laughing.

"He will be here soon. He knows you know who he is. He will come for you!" He coughed up more blood and continued laughing.

"What do you mean we know who he is?!" Flara glared at the man.

"He burnt your family alive, Flara! He drowned your parents, Riku! I'm sure you know who he is!" The man laughed and laughed. He just wouldn't stop.

Flara gasped.

"His name? That's for you to find out!" was all he said before disintegrating into dust.

Flara dropped to her knees. She looked like she was about to cry.

"Flara.." I said, trying to reach out to her.

"Don't touch me. You Demon," she seethed. She looked down at her hands. I saw her tears fall onto her hands.

...

I didn't speak nor did she. 

"Flar-"

She looked up at me, tears flowing out of her eyes.

"Kill me please," she begged.

"What?" 

"Kill me. I shouldn't be alive. Kill me please," she whispered.

"I won't do that," I argued.

"Just do it. You're a Demon. It shouldn't be hard for you, right?" She looked at me with emptiness in her eyes.

"I won't do it. You have a future ahead of you. I won't end it just like that," I protested.

"Please.. Just kill me. I can't live like this anymore," she whimpered.

"Just listen to me!" I grabbed her shoulders gently.

"Wake up Flara! You've been swallowed up by revenge! Snap out of it!" I said.

"Why wouldn't I be? My family. My family was killed just for the sake of protecting me. Of course I have to pay the murderer back with a taste of his own medicine. Right?" she asked me with hurt in her eyes.

"Listen. The guy who killed your parents isn't some ordinary person. He's the strongest Demon there is!" I yelled.

"How would you know?"

"I... I can't answer that," I quietly said.

...

"Just.. Just get out. Please." She pointed towards the door with a look of sadness.

"Flara.."

"Please," she repeated.

"I won't do that. I'm staying, whether you like it or not."

She looked at me with a sad smile.

"I'll be in the bedroom. Stay here as much as you want. I don't care anymore," she whispered then left to her room.

I pulled out my phone.

Riku: I will be home tomorrow.

Rika: What? Why?

Riku: Long story. Just be safe. Don't go outside unless you absolutely have to. Don't be out after 10pm.

Rika: What? Ok? I'm not a little kid, but I'll listen to you for now.

Riku: Just trust me on this one. 

Rika: If you say so.

Riku: Stay safe. Bye.

Rika: Bye.

I sat on the couch, sighing.

"What have I gotten myself into?" I mumbled.

...

I heard soft whimpers from the bedroom. I stood up.

I slowly walked towards the door, putting my ear up against it.

Flara.. She was crying.

I stood there for a good minute before retreating to the couch. I sighed once again.

I want to help you Flara, but.. You just won't let me..

~

A/N: Hmmmm...