Home (Flara's POV)

The following day. I stayed in my room, not daring to come out. I knew Riku was still here. I heard someone moving around. I couldn't face him. Not after my embarrassing outburst.

I stayed curled up in my blankets. Not doing anything. Just sitting there, silently.

Knock!~ Knock!~ Knock!~

"Flara? You in there?"

I didn't answer.

"I get that you don't want to come out. It's fine."

I still didn't answer.

"I'm going to make breakfast. I will leave it by your door once I'm done."

"Thanks," I whispered quietly.

I heard his footsteps grow fainter and fainter as he walked to the kitchen.

"Sorry for being a bother." I wiped my tears as they came down. I cried silently for a bit.

I fell asleep after a while. I slept for a good 2 hours before a knock on my door woke me up.

Knock!~ Knock!~ Knock!~

"Flara? The food's ready. If you want, you can come out and eat with me. I don't mind."

"I'm going to place your plate on the table, so you can come get it if you want to," Riku finished.

I still didn't answer, and I didn't plan to.

The food he made somehow smells like home. The food my mom used to make. It smells exactly like that. Home. I miss that.

My stomach rumbled. I'm hungry, but I don't want to eat.

I'll just go out and get my food. Then I'll come right back. 

I gently opened my door and snuck out. Walking slowly and quietly. Making sure Riku wasn't out there.

He wasn't? I didn't see him anywhere.

I continued walking to the dining area.

There were two plates. One for me. The other was for Riku.

The food hasn't been touched..

I looked around for Riku. No sign of him.

Then, suddenly I felt someone hug me from behind.

"Flara. I'm sorry."

What? What is this? He felt warm..

I didn't say anything. I stood there, in shock.

... 

"Riku?" I tried to move, but he didn't budge.

"I'm sorry Flara. I didn't try to understand you. I just thought of myself." Riku hugged me tighter, burying his face in my neck.

... 

"Say something, will ya? This is embarrassing.." Riku said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Let's just sit down and eat. We can talk better that way." Riku released me and held his neck. For some reason, he wasn't looking at me.

"Are you okay?"

"Huh? Yeah, I just hold my neck when I'm nervous." He chuckled.

I took a seat next to Riku. I peered over at him. His face was.. red?

"Are you sure you're okay? Your face is awfully red," I commented.

"I-It's nothing! Don't worry about it." He smiled. I didn't want to bother him about it, so I let it go.

I looked down at my plate.

"That's called tamagoyaki. It's just eggs with a few other things rolled up in it. I hope you like it." He smiled nervously at me.

"Tamagoyaki?" I stared down at it. It was an egg that's been scrambled then rolled up into a rectangular shape.

"I don't really know how to make Korean food since I grew up with Japanese culture. I do know how to make a lot of Japanese food though." He took a bite of his food.

I took a bite of mine. 

"So? How is it?" Riku asked nervously.

"It tastes good. Thank you." I tried saying it with emotion, but it didn't really work out well.

"No problem. I actually enjoy cooking!" Riku laughed.

... 

"You must think I'm annoying. Right?" I asked.

"No. Why would I think that?" He looked at me.

"Having to make breakfast for me. Having to deal with me. I'm annoying you, right?"

"No. I enjoy spending time with you. Even if you hate me, I still feel comfortable around you. You have such a familiar presence." He smiled once again.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Really. Maybe we've met in our past lives. Maybe we were friends in our past lives. Maybe we were lovers in our past lives. We never truly know." He looked outside.

We didn't talk for a while after that. We just continued eating.

"There's a place I wanted to show to you. Will you come with me?" Riku looked over at me, smiling.

"I guess so."

"Great! I'll put away the dishes. You can go rest for now." He picked up both of our plates, walking over to the sink.

I stood up and went to my room.

I can't get rid of this feeling. What is it? It makes me feel happy. It's been so long since I've felt that..

Is this what they call.. Love?

~

A/N: Another anticlimactic chapter, but forgive me. The chapter is also pretty short.. Let me make it up to you guys by showing you a picture. It's a picture of the tamagoyaki Riku was talking about.

 It's a picture of the tamagoyaki Riku was talking about