Ayasaki Mari (Nari's POV)

"Help her, please.." He passed out. 

I looked down at them. 

I lifted my arm out, lifting both Rika and Jiho. They're both so heavy.

I ended up bringing them back to my home. 

My house isn't big enough for them. I suppose they'll have to share a bed.

Now, let's see. 

I dug through my pile of spell books until I found the one that was for healing. Perfect.

Boss is going to kill me, but I can't just leave them out there. 

Ever since we got the new recruit, the boss's personality changed. He went from ruthless and brutal, to mischievous and playful. It's annoying.

The recruit isn't even useful. All he does is mope around, doing absolutely nothing. It's annoying.

Now I have to take care of these two insects. It's. Annoying.

I opened the book, flipping to the page I needed.

Ding dong!~

Why is someone ringing my doorbell at this hour? It's literally 9:00pm.

I put down the book and walked over to the door. I opened it.

"Nari!"

The person at the door jumped at me and hugged me tight.

"Hi Mari," I said with a smile.

I let Mari into my house.

"It's been a while, hasn't it?" Mari asked.

"Yeah, it has."

Ayasaki Mari was the same age as me. Age 20. She was my closest friend since I joined. We were inseparable. Her hair was a golden blonde color that was tied up in a ponytail held by a blue ribbon. Her hair in front of her face was swept to the side. She was the same height as me. Her eyes were a beautiful blue color. Her skin was as pale as the snow. More importantly, she was a Witch. An Elite one.

Mari was wearing a long sleeved shirt colored white paired with a plaid skirt. 

"Eh? Who're they?" Mari's attention was on Rika and Jiho.

"Just some friends of mine," I replied.

"Eh? But, this one's a Succubus, and this one's a Hunter. Really?" she asked.

"Yeah. The Succubus I have known for a long time, and the Hunter was her friend." I put down the spell book and took a seat on the couch.

Mari sat down next to me, staring at Rika and Jiho.

"Wait. Those wounds on the Succubus. Was she fighting our Boss?" 

"Apparently. I was passing by when I saw her and her friend fighting Boss. It's like she had a death wish," I sighed.

"Really? They're stupid. No one can take on Boss. Let alone even injure him!" Mari complained.

"I'll go get you something to drink." I stood up and walked over to the kitchen.

I grabbed a cup and filled it with water.

I came back to find Mari standing on the couch with a look of terror on her face.

"Mari..?" I asked and placed the cup down.

"I-It moved..!" Mari pointed towards Jiho.

"Ah, he's awake," I mumbled.

I sat down on the couch with Mari and calmed her down.

"Nari.. If he was fighting Boss, then does that mean the Succubus and Hunter are the enemies the Boss was talking about?" Mari shook my arm.

"I suppose so," I said.

Then, suddenly, Jiho woke up with a jolt, as if something electrocuted him.

"RIKA!" he yelled.

...

"Be quiet. It's literally 9pm, and you're screaming," I said.

He looked over to me and Mari.

"It's you! Ari, was it?" he asked.

"It's Nari. Go back to sleep. You're not fully healed yet." I stood up and pushed him back down to the bed.

I picked up the spell book.

"Mari. I need your help for this particular spell."

"Yes ma'am!" Mari came next to me, looked over at the book in my hands.

"Are you like a different person or something? You're personality has changed drastically," he commented.

I cringed as I remembered how I had to act in front of everyone at the café that day. I hate acting all cutesy, but Boss told me to. I really embarrassed myself that day.

"Shut it. Be grateful I didn't leave you to rot on the cold street floor," I seethed.

I turned to the page. Mari looked at it, and her eyes widened.

"Are you sure? This spell is an advanced one. You might end up using too much magic," Mari said.

"I'll be fine," I shrugged.

"If you say so."

The spell required a powerful Witch to perform it. Even though it was risky, I should be able to do it. 

After all, I'm an Elite Witch.

~

A/N: I'm sorry this chapter was so anticlimactic. I really didn't know how to make it more exciting than this. ;-;

This chapter was also kind of short. Ah geez, I'm falling behind on my duties of the author...