CHAPTER 2

ENJOY

ENJOY.🌸

It took about 55 minutes to reach an airport from home, through the cab. I climbed out of the cab and went straight to the plane after checking my bags. I got on the plane and took my seat. I was feeling nervous; it's not that I'm traveling through a plane for the first time. I'm traveling alone for the first time. Yes! I only traveled with my family. I know when my parents will wake up and not find me around. They will be mad but will soon calm down after reading the note I left for them. I'm running away from them and I don't know whether to feel happy or sad. The conversation which I had earlier with dad came rushing in my head. Pushing that conversation aside, I drifted to sleep.

3 HOURS BEFORE.

I was on phone with my best friend, Alyssa Grey, when I heard someone knocking on my door. I ended the call and threw my phone on the bed. I hurriedly went towards my door and opened it, only to find my dad grinning. My dad grinning without any reason means he was about to start the conversation I have been trying to avoid for so long.

I sighed heavily before turning around. I walked towards my bed and sat down. I looked down at my toes and started counting them. I chuckled internally at my stupidity. Soon my gaze directed towards my right, only to see my dad with a sad look on his face. I know what you are trying to do here. Sorry dad, but I won't fall for that. Try harder. I thought.

"Come on honey..." My mom's voice made me look at her who was still standing at the door.

"Honey I know you don't like talking about this." My dad moved his gaze which was on my mom, back at me.

"Then why do you even talk about this dad. You know I won't change my mind." I said deliberately.

"But honey, you have to get married someday." My mom said entering my room and, sat beside me.

My dad took my hands in his and said. "Van, we won't force you to get married to someone who doesn't deserve you. All we want is to see you married. Have kids. Live happily after. Harden, your brother, he lives happily with his wife and children .Daisy, your sister, soon she will be getting married. Why can't you child?"

"Dad I don't want you to get sad just because of me but dad I also don't want to get married now. I mean this is my only goal for now not to get married. Dad all I want to do is enjoy my life alone. I don't need any guy in my life." I replied tiresomely.

"Oh come on Vanessa! You can enjoy your life even after your marriage." My mom raised her voice making me startled.

Why is getting married so important for a person?

"But mom..." I tried to argue but she shut me up.

I can't believe my dad stayed serene the whole time. I guess he was too tired of my denial every single time.