CHAPTER 10

ENJOY

ENJOY.🌸

"Okay so...what do you want to know?"

"Tell me everything about you."

"How about we ask 10 questions each?" I couldn't think of something better than this. This was the best way as I wouldn't have to tell all on my own.

His eyes lightened up and he clapped his hands. He crossed his legs and fully faced me. "That's a great idea. But you will go first."

"Okay, so should I be the one asking you or answering you?"

He clicked his fingers on his chin as if he was in deep thinking. After a few seconds, he finally spoke. "I guess, you should answer me."

I sighed and rubbed my hands on my knees, nervously. "Okay then, let's begin."

"What's your biggest fear?" He said staring into my eyes.

"Losing my family and my best friend," I said without thinking much. It was truly my biggest fear is losing my parents and best friend. Don't judge me. I did run away but I still love them. Sooner or later, I will tell them about where I am.

"Okay now ask me." He said.

I shrugged. "Same question."

He smiled widely. "Tyler." That took me by surprise.

"What about your family?" I looked at him surprisingly.

"I lost... them when... I was ten." He hesitated.

Oh God! I am so stupid. I should have thought about that. Everyone's biggest fear is losing their family, if it's not it means they don't have one. How stupid of you, Vanessa!

"I am so sorry." I gave him an apologetic smile.

In return, he passed me a weak smile.

"Do you want to...talk about it? If not. It's okay. I can understand." I tried my best not to ask anything stupid.

He gave me a weak smile. "No. I can."

I nodded and waited for him to continue.

He now threw his legs on to the floor and looked straight, avoiding any eye contact with me. "Tyler's dad and...My dad, used to be...best of friends. I mostly used to spend time at Tyler's place. Whenever my...parents went out for dinner, they...used to drop me at Tyler's. We both are childhood buddies." He rubbed his knuckles, nervously and continued.

"One...night, I was at Tyler's place...when, Tyler's dad, came to us...and he made me sit...beside him on the bed. He held my...face in his hands and caressed my cheeks. I...was confused to see...him acting so weird. I...looked at him in confusion and he...understood and nodded. He...told me that he knew that would be...hard for...me. But... he had to tell...me. He can't keep...it to himself for so...long.' I asked him 'What...was he talking...?' He told me 'My parents...they had a....accident...and both lost...their lives..." Once the tear got away, the rest followed it. It was so painful to see him like this. All I did was hold his hand in mine and rubbed his knuckles. He passed me a weak smile but didn't let go of my hand, in fact, he tightened his hold on my hands and then he continued.