CHAPTER 21.

ENJOY

ENJOY.🌸

It's time Van. You should talk to your parents now. It's been one fucking month since you talked to them! I cursed myself and walked towards my bed. I picked my phone up and nervously dialed my dad's number. I was about to cancel the call when my dad answered.

"Hello?" Oh, God. I miss you, dad. I rocked myself to and fro and the tears gathered in my eyes but I didn't let them roll down my cheeks.

"D-dad...." I said, letting my tears fall down my cheeks.

"V-Vanessa...is that...you?" I could sense him crying as his voice cracked and caught in his throat. So does mine.

I shook my head up and down. "Y-yes. It's me...d-dad..." My voice cracked.

He heavily sighed. "B-baby. Thank god! You called us. Oh God. Where have you been my child? You have no idea how much your mom and I miss you." He said in a relaxed tone.

I slowed down my pace and sat on the bed. "D-dad, I am in New York. I miss you too dad and I am sorry for what I did." I slowly said, wiping off my tears.

"I am sorry to honey for asking you to marry." His voice was barely audible to my ears.

"N-no dad please...don't say...sorry. I should be the one...saying sorry. I feel...so bad about leaving you....both. I am...really sorry dad." I couldn't stop my tears from falling. They kept on falling down my eyes as if someone has let the water tap opened.

"Hey. It's okay honey. I know how much you love us and I also knew you would call us one day. So will you come back to us?" He asked, making me bite my nails in distress.

I smiled. "I love you both so much, dad. Yeah. I will come to Daisy's wedding. Aly told me that you both knew that we are in contact. She even told me you planned Daisy's wedding earlier because you wanted me to come. You know how much I have waited for her wedding." I said as I dramatically roll my eyes.

"I am so content to hear that you will come. Yeah, I always knew Alyssa knows where you are but we didn't force her to tell us. I am sorry for doing that, I just wanted to see you have you around us. I know what I did was selfish but I couldn't stop myself from doing that." The anguish he felt came pouring out of his voice.
Oh, Dad.

"Dad you don't need to feel bad about it. It's okay even if you did it. I missed your voice dad. I miss you. I can't wait to finally meet you all again." I said smiling widely.

I played with my hair.
"I miss you too, honey. So...you will stay with us?" He asked.

"No dad. I will be there for the wedding only. I'll leave after the wedding is over." I said with no emotion in my voice.

"Oh...so you won't stay with us then?" He sounded unhappy.

I got up from the bed, making my way towards the window. "I am sorry dad but I have a job and I can't just leave it."