2 | I know...

Rewritten on 5/21/20

...

-~-~-

"She's changed." the father said talking to his wife on the phone. "Usually every night she blasts music inside her room, but now I barely hear her sing!" he says, while sighing softly.

"Really?" his wife asks, "Maybe it's because of Tokoyami?" she ponders.

"I'm certain of it." he states. "We had dinner a whilst ago. She asked me if she will ever see him again."

"The way she looked at me."

"-The way her hair covered her eyes as she spoke."

"--It was sad and scary at the same time." he sighs and shook his head. Remembering what Y/N asked him just after she asked him about the hero thing again. "We can't do anything about it though." the mother responded through the phone.

"I know..."

-~-~-

Today marks the first day of my 9th year in school. So, this is basically my third year and last year as a Junior. Last school year was my second year.

However, even though I'm in the 9th year now, I'm actually one of the youngest in class. I'm only thirteen. I'm turning fourteen this year, though.

I gripped the straps of my bag as I walked inside my assigned classroom. Everyone looked familiar to me, yet I didn't know any of them. I don't even remember any names.

Just faces.

I quickly dashed my way towards an empty seat just beside the window, where I always liked to sit.

Heheh. Tokoyami liked to sit near windows too.

I brought out my phone and dialed his number.

...

...

...

The number you are currently trying to contact is--

"God. Fucking. Damn it, Tokoyami!"

I bowed my head down onto the desk and formed fists on both of my hands inf frustration. My vision became a bit blurry for a moment before I sniffed.

I gripped my hair and groaned silently.

"Why the fuck did you have to leave me?"

-~-~-

"Ms. L/N, are you still with us?" a male adult gets my attention, which was directed to the world outside from the window.

I payed no interest during discussions for the past few weeks. I never really cared about what the teachers had to teach because I still kept acing my exams and getting high grades.