48 | "Torture"

Hawks was guessing that his male intern was under anti-quirk restraints. He would've easily gotten out of that position if Dark Shadow was there. The shadow would've shoved the captors away and would let Tokoyami have a chance to run and escape. But judging from the look the crow-headed male had, his suspicions of an anti-quirk restraint were probably true.

And again, he could see how he held the same amount of tiredness like his female intern.

The latter wasn't handling the situation calmly. She was freaking out. Who wouldn't when your childhood best friend(and crush) suddenly got dragged into this fucked up mess you began? She was hoping that the agency was taking good care of him right now, but Tokoyami's eyes told her otherwise.

Hawks should've looked closer. He missed one very important detail when he observed L/N's clone onstage. He was so focused on the girl that he forgot to examine the boy beside her. He could only hope now that they were handling the two villains, who were disguised as his two interns, well. He couldn't really call them to get back up or to check on their current condition at the moment, seeing that they shot an arrow through the communicational device he used to contact his agency.

But he had his phone, though!

But it would be too risky to bring it out now; Tokoyami's life is on the line.

L/N used the red feather Hawks' gave her to cut the iron bars into pieces, she quickly got out of her cage and jumped right down into the group of villains.

"FUMI--"

She suddenly began to float in the air as some sort of unknown force began to squeeze her neck, blocking off her oxygen. She winced as she floated right back into the cage she was previously in and the bars began to repair themselves instantly. She tumbled inside which caused the couple in the cage to dash towards her and help her get up.

Hawks glared at the villain who had his hand raised up. There was a blue aura surrounding the villain's palms. It almost looked like fire, but it wasn't actually blue fire like Dabi's quirk. This one had a telekinesis quirk. Hawks listed each villain's appearance and the quirks he knew:

The white-haired male had a telekinetic quirk.

Claw Obviously has a quirk to turn into a tiger.

And that orange-haired male probably had a quirk to teleport.

He was guessing that both of the villains back at Suppotoraito had cloning quirks or quirks to change appearances. It was only logical for them to have those kinds of quirks, especially because that's what he saw.

"Songbird! A-Are you alright?" Ichika stuttered, but she didn't wait for an answer from the young hero-in-training as she began to use her quirk on her. She made sure to be gentle and quick as possible as she lit up her hands in a green flame-like aura.

What's with everyone having flaming quirks?

L/N nodded stiffly whilst she felt some sort of cool rise up her body. "Thanks," She muttered softly.

Hawks looked back at the four people in front of him. Tokoyami couldn't say anything because of the muzzle he had on his beak, but his eyes were showing worry.

Worry for the girl and not for himself.

"Jesus Christ. You both are too selfless," Hawks said, flapping his wings and grabbing two feathers for both of his hands. The orange-haired male was about to say something, but Hawks beat him to it.

"Fuck y'all."

He dashed towards the orange-haired villain, making it look like he was going to attack him first. Both Claw and the white-haired male grinned when they saw what Hawks was going for.