50 | Nezu and the Shadow

hOlY shIt thEre'S fiFtY chapTeRs--

fixed on November 13, 2020

+++

I was sprawled over the couch, phone in hand, as I did absolutely nothing productive. They didn't really give me anything to do for these next two days of internship. So I abused that fact. I wish it were always like this, relaxing on the couch with a lot of free time.

I was texting Mina right now. She was freaking out because she saw me on the news. I had a lot of explaining to do, but I didn't feel like typing it all on a phone, so I promised her that I'll tell everything once normal classes begin again.

I don't want it to begin again to be honest.

It's because I'm pretty content with the things they are now. Imagine if I continued to work at Hawks' agency, and it'll always be like this. The thought of a relaxing hero job would be nice. Not that much pressure is something I'd definitely want.

But of course, I'd still like a challenge.

But I still want to be lazy every once in a whilst. Kind of like Hawks! He's lazy but he does his job, and he's still the number three hero. I'd be content if I was in his position, to be honest. Bakugo would probably be the number 1 hero in our generation.

After texting Mina and saying that I needed to go do something(which was a lie), I stood up from the couch and headed towards the kitchen to fix myself up a drink. Tokoyami and Hawks should be back after a few more hours. They really went to do that special training thing. I fear that Hawks will still leave the poor birb boi behind his dust, however. It's just a Hawks thing to do at this point.

After tinkering with whatever's on the fridge, I made a(n) F/D and simply sat down on one of the kitchen's stools, still scrolling through my phone lazily. Eventually, I found an interesting article. I was about to read it but then someone called me from the phone.

"Bruh." I just called mum a whilst ago tho. Why would she call me again? Oh, wait. It isn't her. It's--

Nezu?

Immediately, I sat up properly and dusted my shoulders. My dumbass forgot that Nezu wouldn't even be able to see me because it's just a voice call. Ignoring my stupidity, I accepted the call.

"Uhm— Hello?"

"Ah, Y/N. I saw your achievement on the news today." Nezu's smooth static-y voice filled my ears. His statement made me freeze for a moment. "Ehehe— yeah?" I replied awkwardly.

"I would like to congratulate you for not dying. You truly surprised m—"

"Wait, wait, wait. So you thought I was gonna die?!"

"Yup."

"#StopY/NAbuse."

I huffed and relaxed a bit. I thought he was going to scold me or something, because why would the frikkin principal of the school call me? Wouldn't you be frightened if the principal called you? Still. It was kind of annoying that everyone's main purpose is to make fun of me.

I'm kinda getting irritated and tired, not gonna lie.

Nezu's laughter filled the line. I squinted my eyes in annoyance even though he wouldn't be able to see my expression. Something tells me that he knows what kind of face I'm making right now, though. "I'd report you to the counsellor for bullying, but you're the principal so you'd get a pass," I said grumpily, half-jokingly. He continued to laugh at my statement.