6 | Gonna Take Long

Improved on June 4, 2020

...

-~-~-

The principal exits the small testing room and closes the door to let Y/N focus on the test. He walks to where his father sat and sat down beside him.

"Tea?" the principal asked Y/N's father, as he grabbed a teapot and poured out the tea into it. The father nods hesitantly. The principal gave the cup to the father before pouring a cup for himself. "Your daughter is truly amazing." the principal says, while he brought out his pinky as he took a sip from his teacup.

"Without her, I wouldn't be here right now." the principal murmurs loud enough for the father to hear; though to the father, it felt like he was talking to himself. "I never thought she'd save someone, especially you at a very young age." the father spoke after he took a sip.

"You must be very proud of her."

"So much..."

There was a comfortable silence as the two drank their tea. They watched the faculty work whilst they just sat there.

Heroes that were actually teachers were walking around, carrying papers and talking to each other. Others were on their computers probably computing grades and such.

The father checks the time on his watch. It's only been five minutes since his daughter began her exam.

He thought for a moment. Maybe he could leave for a whilst and come back later within the hour?

That's a good idea.

He decided to inform his thoughts to the principal

"Principal Ne-"

-~-~-

"I'M DONE!" I yell as I barged out the door whilst holding my paper up in the sky.

Everybody stopped what they were doing and stared at me curiously. Heroes with all shapes and sizes looked at me as I held the paper and as I slowly processed what I just did.

I suddenly felt small, and went back into the testing room and close the door. I sat down again whilst laying my head on the desk, feeling so embarrassed.

I totally forgot who works here. Good job me!

The people I pretty much adore and looked up to were now judging me.

Oof.

Nezu enters the room, whole heartily chuckling at me for my behaviour.

"Are you sure you're finished? It's barely been ten minutes and you've already proclaimed that you are indeed finished." Nezu asks, letting his hands fall on his sides. I nod nervously.

"Y-Yeah! I already triple checked..." I said as I handed him my papers. He took it gently from me and scanned it carefully. His small eyes widen at the paper as he continued to scan it.

"I-I'll get it checked, you're father is outside in the teacher's lounge," Nezu says as he immediately exits the testing room, leaving the door open. I follow after him but when I close the door behind me he was already gone.